Community

Team 2 Sunrise Shooters

Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I found the tip of the snoot, I put it on our Jake for a ultra realistic decoy...haha.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 Sunrise Shooters-snoot.jpg  
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

dang man missed 2. lol.

zubba i want to add that the only time it is basically kill or nothing is with a head shot. i know many who have kill zoned them without a recovery. in my opinion the gullotine and the bull head are the greatest turkey bowhunting inventions ever
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Banned

looks lke we are 113.25 behind the leader
Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

zubba i want to add that the only time it is basically kill or nothing is with a head shot
Agree. That is why I wrote:

That is what I like about bowhunting turkeys with the bullheads...it is either a kill or nothing
Bullheads were designed for head shots and head shots only.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Nice birds guys!!! Our team kicks BUTT! We need 870 to kill & hopefully I fill my Indiana tag this week.

Sorry I haven't been able to get online! Our laptop wouldn't let me get on HuntingNet!!! I was PO'd! Hubby finally got tired of me b!tching and went and got a new laptop. Haha!!!

I saw Arrowmaster posted my bird for me! What a BLAST that was!!! He came in strutting - spitting - putting on a good ol' show! I shot him at 35 yards in 1/2 strut. He was a BEAUTY!!! Beautiful copper collor in his tail fan & almost white ends like a Merriam! Weird! He had great hooks - limbhanger! 1/16" short of 1.5". I hunted with JW in Wisconsin - we're going to write a turkey hunting story and post it - so make sure you guys check it out! It'll be funny I bet. I'll tell ya when it gets posted!

I'm trying to fill my Indiana tag now. I have another week - so I'm hoping!!! I took a shot at one here last Thursday - still P.O.'d that I missed him. He was probably at 35 yds - came in triple hammering - all kinds of fired up & he would have been a GREAT bird... I was shooting through a screen and I think that just messed me up. Not to mention I was shaking & panting like a dang dog! LOL He had me SO EXCITED!!! I got a 2nd shot on him & he flopped on the ground and then ran off. He was on other side of my blind - so hubby tried firing 3 shots at him too... but alas he got away... I'm still convinced I nailed him on the 2nd shot - we looked everywhere for him. I suspect he went into the woods and died somewhere, which COMPLETELY makes me SICK!!!

The birds are pretty quiet here now... Had 2 gobbling to my southwest, on property I can't hunt tho. Was hoping to call them over, but never did get to see/hear them after fly down. Dirty luck!!! I'm going to keep at it and hopefully fill my tag.

Kim
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Banned

zubba i read it i knew what you wrote i was just putting it out there again mostly for other people that read these things. maybe less experienced that would start to think they can just shoot a turkey with a bow and kill it no matter where or with what it is shot. didnt mean to offend you
Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Banned

good luck kim. yes that wi bird was a great one and congrats.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats again on the bird Kim! I know you work yer butt off for em and you def earned that one! Misses and lost game are all apart of hunting, i know it sucks but don't beat yourself up over it, happens to everyone. Good luck with the rest of the season in Indy!!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a small video of the 2 misses from my buddy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEKSz...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Wow! Contest is close! 37.3125 out of first. Thats just a big jake! Anyone still hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.