Community

Team 2 Sunrise Shooters

Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
j76
Typical Buck

You and Jr. have fun and good luck. I'm sure he'll get it done this time!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Anyone else get any scouting in yet? Can't wait to check things out this weekend! Wife seen a descent group of birds on the road that i have 3 farms i can hunt yesterday. They werent on any of my props but good to have them there! Haven't seen many in that area the last few yrs.

Last edited by j76; 03-21-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:41 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Started seeing 5 gobblers in our alfalfa field this week. That's alot more birds than what I though we had there. Heard 4 gobble on the farm south of my house. Haven't been up to listen on my other farm much. Heard 5 birds there about 3 weeks ago one morning but those birds usually scatter out pretty bad.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

yep doing alot of scouting. picked up a couple more farms today. a buddy of my buddy's. heard about 15 birds there but i know for sure 11 are jakes we saw them. also found a white and grey bird. looks like a mature bird but he only has around 5 inch beard. but do not think for a second i wont shoot it because it is a short beard. been hearing lots of birds.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Sounds good boys!! Man snapper, wish i could pick up new props as fast as you do!!! Gonna be burnin lots of gas next week! My dad is lookin for his first and i really want to get the wife into it this yr. I gotta find some birds!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Banned

i hunt alot of public also but it is nice to have private fall back places. was just informed that the prop i got today in the 10 yrs they have owned it no one has managed to kill a bird. lol. guess i will have to be the first. my buddy has hunted it and taken a few other buddies there but none have put the hammer down
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

well i decided to go check a farm i hadnt hunted in 2 years because birds have about disappeared from there. about 12 yrs ago when i started hunting it we would hear 12 or more birds all around then the farmer started letting everyone who asked hunt. well lets just say they were some bad apples hunting there. so i went there about 11 am and got out and with in 30 seconds a bird gobbled. i got some camo on and slipped to the back field. almost there i bumped a long beard and some other red heads(dont know what they were) then a bird gobbled about 400 yds away. so i went and set down in my log blind. 5 jakes came past with in 20 minutes. then about an hour later 2 long beards came out and fed for a few then drifted off. man i am gonna have to go listen at dawn before season opens. there isnt many people that hunt it now so might be a honey hole again.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Man the turks are out big time! Buddy of mine (who makes my calls) saw 15 strutting on Tuesday - I went out this morning and after work & saw 4 strutting. One show off had 8 hens w/ him. LOL Man - he was looking GOOD!!! I'm pretty freaked out that they'll be done breeding before our season opens - which would totally suck!!!

Seeing lots of turkeys - but I think they all fly to Kentucky when season opens! LMAO

Kim
Old 03-23-2012, 04:28 AM
j76
Typical Buck

I do wonder what this weather is gonna do to em, epecially for those of us in the upper midwest. April 23 is the start of our early season. Most i know of around here dont hunt the early, cause its still too early! We are usually at least a couple weeks away yet from the snow being gone. Snows been gone and i've been barefoot in shorts for over a week now. Took my boys fishing on the river yesterday and on the way there seen more turkeys out in the feilds than i've seen in a long time. It will be interesting to see how it all works out, will they be all bred and done? Will it not change anything? Or will they be half or better bred out and the toms be on the prowl anwering every call they hear? Think i'll hope for option 3 but we'll see. Temps at least for the next few days are supposed to drop down more close to normal for this time of yr. So maybe that will slow em down a little. Come on April 23!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

With these warm temps, the trees are budding and the fields are starting to grow. Could be tough going later in the season, depending on what kind of field tops your hunting. Leave for Nebraska 3 weeks from today, should time it right. I got my bullheads sighted in last night & I'm ready to roll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.