Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs >

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Community

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well gang thought I would check in before heading out today as we close our season here in KY. Yesterday I found out what one of the problems might be with us not getting a turkey. Our honey hole to say has been taken over by Bobcats, saw three yesterday afternoon right before dark. Land owner adviseed he had seen two a couple of weeks ago while horse rideing. Looks as preadtor managment will have to be step up a little this fall. Wich us luck as we are going to try some running and gunning today.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rain next three days. Will probably lay low and then hit it again when the weather clears. Lost one of my nice spots directly behind work because the landowner died. Nice old lady. Going to miss her and being able to hunt during lunch and before/after work. Saw a tom in her field Friday afternoon while at work.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Still out there trying for another longbeard. keep it up team.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been catching lots of fish, but I'd rather be turkey hunting. We have a Spring squirrel season in May. The temps this weekend are supposed to be much more comfortable, so I think I may go out and get a few bushytails with my .22. I could go for some fried squirrel. Let's see some longbeards guys. We're not out of this thing yet.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should be able to get another one for the team but things have been slow lately. still out there trying and will be for the next few weeks. Hope some of the guys that havent got one get one soon! good luck everyone
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just saw the updated scores and they have our scores a little low. We are actually in 3rd for best bird per hunter. If someone who hasn't killed a bird yet would kill one, we could jump into 1st place. We have a chance to repeat guys. Don't know where old JW got our total score from. He's way off. All that turkey hunting and lack of sleep has got his calculations off. If you are still hunting, good luck.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody hunt this weekend? How did you do? I'm sure seasons are winding down up north.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out Friday, didn't hear a thing. I ran into one hen while I was walking a trail. Was going to go yesterday but I wasn't feeling up to it. This has been a very slow season for me. I still have until the 26th of this month so its not over yet. I'll see if I can take a day off when the weather's ok and hit it again.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went out friday and saturday to one of my always hot spots that i hadnt hunted yet this year. Between the two mornings must of heard over 400 gobbles. Had birds going nuts both days but most had hens. Friday was calling to 5 or 6 long beards that started coming in but then the hens would loop around and take them away and all of a sudden one responds 30 yards to my right but the problem was there was a stone row right next to me on the right and i couldnt see over it. Thought they were going to cut through the gap 10 yards in front but instead they went straight down the stone row and popped out at 50 with no shot, there was 3 big toms there.

Saturday had a bunch going at that same spot but hens took them away again and i tried another spot and had 2 toms answering but ended up seeing they had 1 hen with them and were content with her as they strutted and gobbled their heads off about a hundred yards out ahead of me and never came in.

This week ill get after those birds again and might give them a try in the afternoon after work when they might be a little more lonely.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't hear a bird Saturday. During my absence the NFS had been cutting trees down on the ridge of fingers and leaving them lay. Made for hard walk-in and all that activity may have pushed the birds elsewhere. 2" of rain today and more tomorrow. May get out Wed or Thur before work. It's down to the wire for me. Season ends Sat. but I'll be out of town Fri - Sun for a wedding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.