Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs >

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Community

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from Texas with bird number 6 for the season. It wasn't easy. I hunted LBJ Grasslands for two days without any luck. Went to a different spot and had this silent gobbler come in this morning. He weighed 18 lbs 8 oz, spurs under an inch, and a 9 inch beard. He officially scores 52.125. My 2012 season is now complete. Another great season. Time to go fishing. I will check in every day to see what's going on and post all the birds scores I know you guys are going to get.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs-100_2209.jpg   Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs-100_2212.jpg  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job once again super strutter! you are a turkeys worst nightmare! The season here in PA is finally almost here. This Saturday is opening day but i will most likely be hunting for a short period of time before work trying to get my girlfriend her first bird. Lots of birds around so I shouldnt have too much trouble getting on some. Good luck to everyone! Lets kill some more and get back on top!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Spike

Default Got my first Turkey

Hello Team 1. I am a newb. I got my very first gobbler this morning. It is opening day in Ohio. I cannot believe it.

Species = Eastern
Weight = 19 pounds
Spurs = 1.25 inches each foot the same length
Beard = 11 inches

It is a beautiful bird. I took it straight to the taxidermist.

I set up at about 6:20am. I called every 15 minutes. At about 7:30am I heard a loud gobble about 200 yards away. I gave a final hen call to give the Tom my location and then sat and waited. The gobbler got closer and closer and had to fly across a creek to get to me. It took about 20 minutes for him to get to me. I think he wanted my hen decoys to fly to him, lol.

It turned out to be two Toms walking together. They walked out about 40 yards away from my blind as they were checking things out. I could have plugged both because they were staying so close but I waited until one separated a little bit and then I took the shot.

I hope I have posted enough info. If I need to do anything else let me know.

Scott

Last edited by scottcw; 04-23-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Added pictures.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great first bird Scottcw! Unfortunately, I don't see the pictures. Not sure if its the computer I'm on or if they aren't posted correctly.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper
Congrats on a great first bird Scottcw! Unfortunately, I don't see the pictures. Not sure if its the computer I'm on or if they aren't posted correctly.
I have tried to upload the pics a few times and not worknig. Not sure if it is me doing something wrong or if maybe because I am new I am not allowed to post pics yet. Are the pics required?

I have them posted on my picasa site here....
https://picasaweb.google.com/scott.x...ntAdamsCounty#
Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here You go Scottcw. Congrats!

Last weekend was a bust for me. Socked in fog so thick you couldn't see 100 yards. Heard nothing. Going out in the morning for my Birthday.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scott, that is an awesome bird, especially being your first. You are now hooked for life. I would like to see a picture of the spurs if you have one. Anything over an inch is a true limbhanger. Congrats on a great bird. Your bird officially scores 66. I will post it to the scoring thread. Your bird will help us get closer to the top. Keep the birds coming guys. We're still in this.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta wake up in a few hours and get to it! Finally, opening day!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. How about the rest of you? How is everyone's hunting going? Lets here some stories. MdManiac, you still alive?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

season hasnt been the best so far for me. Then again ive only gotten out a few times. After this weekend season will be in a full swing for me. Ill finally have some time to get out.
Just checked the score boards, we are still holding in their guys! Keep em coming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.