Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs >

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper
Way to go Donnie B! Nice bird. I called the landowner of the small farm I hunt the other day and I've got a pretty good idea just where the birds are roosting. I've got a few more spots to scout and still a couple weeks before the season starts.

I just got back from Boston where my daughter was sworn in to the Navy today. She left for basic training right afterwards. I'm one proud dad right now.
You SHOULD be proud !!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird Big Donnie! Looks like the team is doing great so far! getting very impatient with our season still being 2 weeks away
Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully the next two weeks won't torment you too much. I'm going to my property in the morning to watch and film. I'll be off to Texas to hunt LBJ probably next weekend.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

No gobbles this morning. The blind where the other hunter had been hunting was gone, so I'm assuming he killed the last longbeard. I was really hoping the last one would have survived. Looks like most of the hens are on nests. I am seeing nor hearing any hens. That's a good sign. Hopefully I'll have several broods this Summer.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swung by property #2 in CT today. Spoke with the owners who confirmed there are some nice birds on the property and where they tend to hang out. I didn't do any scouting as I had my wife along for the ride but I have a pretty good idea where they're gonna be roosting and what fields they'll eventually hang out in. Unfortunately, I found out that another hunter has permission to hunt the property, but I know he has had permission in the past but I've never run into him.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, once again i've been away from the computer. April is gonna be an unreal month for me. SOOO much going on. Im not sure how much turkey hunting Ill get in. Out of all four Iowa seasons ill be gone just about every weekend. But ill try and hunt as much as I can on the weekdays.

Last edited by Pope94/IA; 04-15-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to Big Donnie. Well opening weekend in Kentucky was a windy one. Both days we had winds from 10 to 20 mph with some gust of 30 mph. Saturday was overcast had birds at 100 yards and coming till an old red fox popped out. Sunday the wind was so bad you could not hear your own calling. Long story short I stepped out of the blind for a nature call and old tom came around the corner as I got toward the ditch.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats BDB! Had a beautiful opening morning. Bumped one off the roost in the dark near the base of the mountain where I've never seen one roosted before. Anyway I set up on a bench I've had luck year after year but didn't hear anything until about 9:15. heard one bird gobble a couple of times a way off. Never heard or saw anything else. Hope to get some mornings in before work. Also taking a couple days off the next two weeks.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

my plan is to hit the woods again this Friday !

GO TEAM ! ~
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Spike

Have not had a chance myself to get out this past week. Should be out again this weekend. Good luck to everyone .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.