Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs >

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Community

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early warm spring here. How about you guys?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

MdManiac has been added back on the team
Old 03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does that mean we will lose one of the newbies that have already checked in, or will we just have 11 on the team?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
Early warm spring here. How about you guys?

Beautiful weather! Looks like some all day on the boat kind of weather.

Turkey season is less than a month away. People have been saying turkeys in iowa will be hooking up earlier this year due to the easy winter..
Not a turkey myself so I can't tell you if this is true or not. But either way, one of em will be feeling my arrow this spring.

I gotta sacrifice the first week/weekend of turkey season to do a little work on my pickup. My family owns a sandblasting and painting business so im gonna be sandblasting the rust on the bottom sides of my truck. Its getting to be pretty bad now. Then im gonna sand the rest of the truck down and give it a couple nice coats of primer and paint.

We never sandblast and paint vehicles. Our equipment is to powerful for that. It usually warps the metal. So its gonna be a trick doing these sides. We will just dust is quick with the blaster. We do more industrialized equipment.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back from Florida, but yet it still feels like i am in Florida with this weather here in PA, its crazy. Ready to kill some birds though, just wish the season would be sooner. Birds are going nuts here, got a bunch strutting on cams and seen a bunch of toms today. Good luck to anyone hunting already and those starting soon~
Old 03-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talondale, I believe everyone has experienced an early Spring this year. It's been in the mid 80's just about every day down here for the past two weeks. The dogwoods have been in full bloom for over two weeks now. I have never seen that happen so early. Pope, you need to get your priorities straight brother. No way I would miss opening weekend to work on my truck.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Spike

Glad to be on the team. I am one of the newbs.

I hope to bag a bird for the team this season and pull my weight. Today, I found a landowner who has several acres he leases for deer hunting but he has n-e-v-e-r had anyone hunt turkey on his property. He told me today he has seen several turkey on the property and is suprised he never thought about leasing for turkey. As luck would have it I will be the first person to hunt his property in the last 10 years and I get to take day 1 of the adult hunting season. April 23 Ohio.

You all wish me luck. I will do some scouting soon to figure out where my setup locations will be. I need to get into the heads of these birds and figure them out fast.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be heading up to my camp tomorrow after work. Hopefully Saturday morning I'll be toting one of the three longbeards out that has been driving me nuts for the past month.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck team I got till April 23 for my season to start. Do have youth season the weekend before which I will probably be out for. Seen some good bucks deer season but just wacked four does and let the bucks grow. Well talk to you all later.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get them superstrutter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.