Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012-2013 Gun Deer Contest
The 2012 - 2013 Gun Deer Contest Winners Are >

The 2012 - 2013 Gun Deer Contest Winners Are

The 2012 - 2013 Gun Deer Contest Winners Are

Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Bartender

Per your Rule #7 which was not followed in his explanation. 7. You must have a picture posted on the contest page within the,
Official Score Card thread to enter a deer.
The Deer must have a tag visible (if tags apply to your state),
No skull pictures, and no rack pictures - the Deer the gun and yourself,
Must be in the picture.

This was not followed. With all this being said I've said all i can I have notified the Mississippi DNR and If you choose to honor this deer so be it.
I do apologize for the competent comment and it was out of line. I just have a passion for hunting and ethics and this whole thing smells badly.
Tony
Originally Posted by jrbsr
I have been checking into this, more than a couple minutes.
So table the insults, O.K.

Last edited by peakrut; 04-09-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

For everyone involved, I am going to say just this one time, Curtail Any Future Negative Post About This!! I have been asked to look into this. I will review All post concerning the deer in question. When I have come to a conclusion, the results will be made aware to all involved.

For those of you that don't know me, I have been on this site for 12 years and moderating for 10. I have never been anything but fair in my moderating, given the situation at hand. This will be no different. Thanks for complying, and I will let you know when everything has been reviewed and a decision made.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Hmmmm, is right! The "primitive weapons season only" opened on 1/18 in Mississippi and he originally stated that the deer was shot on 1/19 (a Saturday). Now the story is that the buck was shot with a 45/70 that isn't the gun in the picture because it's the gun the daughter was using, but it's definitely also the rifle that was in the picture with the doe taken on 12/24/12. Doesn't the fact that earlier he said it was killed on 1/19 and now he says it was killed with a 45/70 mean that he violated the primitive weapons only season law? Am I missing something here with this whole story? It's really funny he was so interested in winning this contest, but after questions were asked about the gun he never answered them and was off the website from 3/25 (I checked his profile yesterday and that was the last date he accessed the site) until today. It seems more than a little odd that no matter what the situation that he didn't have even one minute to access the site since then to see if his team had won the contest. IMHO this whole explanation doesn't make any sense and even if the gun in the buck picture was not used to kill the buck he says today that it was killed with a 45/70 that is certainly a centerfire rifle that is not legal anywhere I know of in a ML only season when he says the deer was shot. I rest my case Your Honor! PS: The way I read the contest rules is that the gun used to take the animal is to be in the picture with the person. Does that not also disqualify the animal from the contest and move the second place team into first, as well as being a game law violation on his part? I also noticed the picture of the buck wasn't even posted until 10:24AM on 1/28/13, ten days after the supposed day he said it was killed. Why the time lapse for a contest like that where everyone, including him, was so interested in who was leading? I haven't looked up the closing date for the ML season, but I now really wonder when this buck was actually killed.
I am not even believing this! this is crazy. Yall can read into it and try to find something wrong if it makes you happy. Delete my buck from the free contest, thats fine too. Im not trying to lie about anything, the 45/70 is not the gun in the picture (im aware of that). A 45/70 is a legal gun used during the primitive weapon season in Mississippi. Its not a muzzle loader only season. Im not trying to build a case about this buck. I dont care, count it or not. I killed this buck with a 45/70, recovered the buck while hunting with my daughter (with a 308). (Which is also legal) My buddy is a Mississippi game warden and I called him before I brought her just to make sure. Youth can use whatever weapon to harvest a deer during primitive weapon season. I also never said I killed this buck on 1-19. I did however shoot at a nice buck on 1-19, that I didnt find.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Apology offered---I have gone deeper into the regulations and dumb as it is, Mississippi DOES allow the 45/70 during a ML season. Why I don't know, but I guess it's one of those "down south" things, LOL! I offer my sincere apology to the accused and as far as I'm concerned his buck was legally taken if it was killed with a 45/70 during the ML season. As far as whether he adherred to contest rules is none of my concern. I also wish to apologize to the Moderators, who have a difficult job and do their best to keep us all happy!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-09-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you Topgun! Apology accepted. that meant alot. these post today bashing my charater and turning me into a criminal has taken its toll on me today. Im not a criminal or a bad guy nor did I do anything remotely illegal. I just took a picture with my buck and didnt have my 45/70 in hand. And for that Im sorry!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Bartender

So you're telling me that you drove all the way back to LA after dark left your 45/70 at home. Came back with your daughter that morning then found your deer, went back to camp and took a picture with her gun? What was the name of the MS warden that you know if you don't mind me asking? Ask him if he knows Sammy Fisher?
Originally Posted by jermelott
WOW guys!! Sorry I have been gone from this site since hunting season was over until I got an email from jrbsr. I didnt realize I was being bashed and wasnt here to defend myself. I dont care if you disqualify me, or say it doesnt count or whatever. But please know that I didnt do anything that was against the law.
Peakrut, what the hell are you talking about my previous cooments about letting the courts handle a vilolation and that doesnt surprise you?????????????????? I have been to court once in my entire life and it was for forgetting to take my 209 primer out of my muzzleloader before I got back to my 4 wheeler! It was dismissed and I was told to please remember next time. Thats it!! No speeding tickets, no robberies, murders nothing!! Its hard to beleive that I am having to defend myself about I deer that I killed legally on a hunting site with fellow hunters.

I shot this buck with a 45/70 just before dark. The next day I brought my daughter hunting (FYI she can use whatever weapon she wants in the state of Mississippi). After our morning hunt, me and my little girl went and recovered my deer from the night before (she was very excited). We loaded the deer and headed back to the camp with it. Thats where the picture was taken. The state of Mississippi doesnt make you wear your hunters orange when you are at your hunting camp. My daughter took a picture of me with my phone with my buck and the gun she was using that day. My 45/70 was back at the house. Never did I think someone would question was that the EXACT gun that was used the evening before. Out of all 70 or so deer killed, I didnt see anyone that asked "are you sure that was the gun used to shoot the deer". The bottom line. I hunted the deer, I shot the deer (with a legal gun), the next day i recovered the deer with my daughter (wearing hunters orange, Both of us) and I took a picture with the deer once I recovered it with the weapon that we had on us.
None of this makes me a bad person, so please dont have that image of me. My passion is my family, my savior, and deer hunting, and i wouldnt do anything to jeapordize any of those.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Bartender

Sorry man I just had seen this and I will bow out and respect whatever decision you may decide. T
Originally Posted by deerdust
For everyone involved, I am going to say just this one time, Curtail Any Future Negative Post About This!! I have been asked to look into this. I will review All post concerning the deer in question. When I have come to a conclusion, the results will be made aware to all involved.

For those of you that don't know me, I have been on this site for 12 years and moderating for 10. I have never been anything but fair in my moderating, given the situation at hand. This will be no different. Thanks for complying, and I will let you know when everything has been reviewed and a decision made.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by deernutz
jermelott no need to beat yourself up about it. I never attacked your character and if it felt I did I also apologize. It's dropped on my side. Like I said earlier it's just a contest. Life will go on.
Thanks man!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Spike

of course fastetti I m with you.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a joke! This is supposed to be a contest for fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.