Team 11 Check in

Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Bartender

I was just surfing and came acorss this article and did you hunt primitive hunting season in Mississippi? http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...on-deer-season The pic you have doesn't look like a primitive weapon. No blaze orange also as required by Mississippi.http://www.mdwfp.com/law-enforcement...ules-regs.aspx
Originally Posted by jermelott
No, about the same size though. This was an 8 point that i have never seen before. He probably lived on the adjacent property and was just out cruising for does coming in late. The other was a seven point with longer tines (probably 2-1/2). This eight was (3-1/2) with no rack, big body but not much up top.

Last edited by peakrut; 03-19-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

WOW! peakrut, are you freakin kidding me! Are you seriously going to look up the rules and regulations where I hunt and send them to me as if I dont already know them. You must want to win real bad! I shot this buck with a 45/70 just before dark. The next day I brought my daughter hunting (FYI she can use whatever weapon she wants in the state of Mississippi). After our morning hunt, me and my little girl went and recovered my deer from the night before (she was very excited). We loaded the deer and headed back to the camp with it. Thats where the picture was taken. The state of Mississippi doesnt make you wear your hunters orange when you are at your hunting camp. My daughter took a picture of me with my phone with my buck and the gun she was using that day. My 45/70 was back at the house. Never did I think someone would question was that the EXACT gun that was used the evening before. Out of all 70 or so deer killed, I didnt see anyone that asked "are you sure that was the gun used to shoot the deer". The bottom line. I hunted the deer, I shot the deer (with a legal gun), the next day i recovered the deer with my daughter (wearing hunters orange, Both of us) and I took a picture with the deer once I recovered it with the weapon that we had on us. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

So what was the day/date and zone where you shot that buck that you have in your photo that scored 79 to win the contest?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-10-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
So what was the day/date and zone where you shot that buck that you have in your photo that scored 79 to win the contest?
Hill Zone. Recovered on the 27th. Thanks for your apology. but I am DONE answering questions and defending myself on this issue.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

The question was not asked such that you should have felt you needed to be defensive! The season in Mississippi was open through 1/31 and the buck was entered on the 28th, so it was obviously taken during the open season. Everyone else told when they killed their entries as they posted them and with all the zones having the same closing date, asking what zone also didn't seem like such a big deal. Sorry I asked!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

The question was not asked such that you should have felt you needed to be defensive! The season in Mississippi was open through 1/31 and the buck was entered on the 28th, so it was obviously taken during the open season. Everyone else told when they killed their entries as they posted them and with all the zones having the same closing date, asking what zone also didn't seem like such a big deal. Sorry I asked!
Sorry buddy!!! I have felt the need to be on the defensive about this deer for the last two days. Im sorry I read into your post the wrong way. its hard to read a post in the same context as it was written when your mind is thinking one way. Dont be sorry for asking, i just read it wrong. Thanks!!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, now I can see where on the net it could be different than asking the question in person where you could have completely different vibes. How's the new addition to the family doing?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

She is doing great!! but we just found out yesterday that she has hip dysplasia and she has to start wearing a brace (maybe up to a year). We were very heart broken to hear this news. But its not life threatning and she wont even remember that this happened. We are just praying about it and leaving it up to the man upstairs. We are still so very blessed and have three beautiful kids that we are very thankful for!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

How old is she in that picture? She's a real doll and the Docs will take care of that problem! Better to find that out now and take care of it while she's tiny!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

How old is she in that picture? She's a real doll and the Docs will take care of that problem! Better to find that out now and take care of it while she's tiny!!!
That picture was last weekend. she is 10 months!