Community

Team 2 Check In Freak Nasty

Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I scored this weekend! I'll post pics, and a short story later...have several things to do before I'll get them put on the computer. Sorry for the tease!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

It was windy and warm here on opening day. Saw a real nice one but got no shots in him. I will be back out this all this upcoming weekend. I did take this guy with my bow last week during bow season.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 Check In Freak Nasty-claybowbuck2.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got this guy Saturday morning. I had been having a few stomach issues, and decided to climb down out of the stand at about 8:30. Rather than walking directly back to the truck, I decided to make a loop around part of the property that I was hunting. As I came over a rise, this 8 pointer jumped up from the bed, and ran right past me. I tried to get on him, but he was so close that I couldn't get a clear view through my scope. I went to an opening that he looked like he was going to run through, got ready, but when he got there, I was holding a little too high. So, I moved my gun on to the next good opening in the woods. As soon as his body hit my crosshairs, I squeezed one off. He ran off, appearing to be hit hard, so I took my things to the truck and came back to search. Upon my return to the spot where I hit him, I found very little blood...only a few small drops...lots of brown hair, though. I began following the kicked up leaves, as there was very little blood. After doing this for maybe 35 yards, I looked up ahead and saw a white belly! Still hardly any blood until I got to within 10 yards of him. I had hit him in the very back of the shoulder, and taken out both lungs. Needless to say, I am quite pumped! I realize that he is no monster by the standards of some, but he is my best buck to date. They just don't get all that big in my neck of the woods. He measured out at 109 3/8 gross. Can't wait to have some backstraps!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...13-12-031.html
Old 11-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 11-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job alltlk and bible man! Congrats, great deer!

bibleman got us on the board... woo hoo! that is a good one, congrats man!

alltlk, man what a sweet bowkill! what did he score?

I've been playing cat and mouse with a nice buck (for my area) for the last few days. I first saw him last week. Then again yesterday chasing a doe way out of range. Tonight I saw him with a doe, and snuck as close as I could get. He was in a thicket about 80yds away, just never came out. I watch him bumping her all over the place in there for 2hrs. Then they bedded down about 5. There were 3 other small bucks hanging around hoping for leftovers I guess. He's not a monster, but a good one for around here. Either a big 6 with no brows, or an 8 if he has brows, which I assume he does. Just never got a good look to tell if he did.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here you go bible man, a better look! Nice job! Nothing wrong with him for sure. That is about the size of the one I am chasing. Good for my area too. Congrats teamy!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Bibleman what did he score?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Welcome your new team members.

deerdust - Missouri
treebeard - Ontario
Vermont_hunter - Vermont, New Jersey
blackhawk_archery Fulton county,IL
Bible_Man - Tennessee
Alt - gman19 - VA
All - tlk4 - Missouri
npaden - Texas and New Mexico
Alt - dEsireTohUnt - Kansas
WV Hunter - Va - WV

Welcome to the club
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=WV Hunter;4004518]Great job alltlk and bible man! Congrats, great deer!

bibleman got us on the board... woo hoo! that is a good one, congrats man!

alltlk, man what a sweet bowkill! what did he score?

Thanks, He scored 118 1/8. My first bow buck!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy that did a Euro mount for me measured it out at 109 3/8 gross.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.