Buck Busters
22.22%
Dominant Bucks
22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Team 9 Red Mist Brothers

Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Well, thats it for me for 2012. We have meat in the freezer but it was a bust for me with a gun in my hand. Well time to break out the beagles and chase some rabbits now.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
Well, thats it for me for 2012. We have meat in the freezer but it was a bust for me with a gun in my hand. Well time to break out the beagles and chase some rabbits now.
I'm same as you. I still have some time, but with all the deer that have been killed around me doesn't make sense to kill anymore.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like you guys got to put a lot of days in the field, I'd count that as a success. I was hoping to do some late-season bow hunting but haven't gotten to yet and my last chance is 1st weekend in Jan.

WNY do you have the beagles as hunting dogs? My beagle is a house dog but I'm itching to see how she does with rabbits, even though I've never hunted them myself. She's really good about not running away when I take her shed hunting but is just 1.5 years old and the wife worries she'll take off to the next county and we'll never find her if I take her rabbit hunting (we live an hour away from the land I hunt). Any advice?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Yea, get her out now while she want to learn and chase. Take with other dogs that will help her catch onto what she should be doing. I had a litter sept 1st, we brought the female home and are in the process of house training it. I still have 2 male pups left and training for rabbits starts this week. We go with shock collars on all of ours just to keep them honest. They were born to chase and that is what they will do with deer, fox, coyote and rabbit until they learn you just want them on rabbits. Good luck and get her out there, its alot of fun.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

I hope everyones season is going well! Good luck to those that are still out there. I just got word from the neighbor of my woods that the big 8 that I had been watching was found dead on his property. Another hunter gut shot it and never found it.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

I'm guessing everyones seasons are done or either winding down. We gave it a good try but looks like we wont make the top. Thanks for everyone that participated and good luck for next year!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by elmoughler
I'm guessing everyones seasons are done or either winding down. We gave it a good try but looks like we wont make the top. Thanks for everyone that participated and good luck for next year!
Yep same to you I still have some bow hunting time but rifle is gone hope you guys have a good new year and hope to see you next year. Good Luck
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

i am not done yet guys. i got 4 days of muzzleloader season starting sat.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by snapper1982
i am not done yet guys. i got 4 days of muzzleloader season starting sat.
Good luck snapper!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Banned

sitting in the blind again. hope the big guy steps out tonight. saw 20 deer yesterday evening. 5 bucks one of which i guess around 135 to 140. for the third time this year i passed him. hopfully the big 9 shows up. we shall see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.