Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012-2013 Gun Deer Contest
Team 5 The Buckdozers - check in >

Team 5 The Buckdozers - check in

Community

Team 5 The Buckdozers - check in

Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Palehorse. Hope you can get an antlered buck soon.

There was a bigger buck headed towards my stand last Sunday and my BIL, who was hunting less than 100 yards away shot him. I have seen a lot of spikes, just the one antlered buck that I shot, and a few does. I missed a doe on the first day of rifle season (11/10). My rifle was five inches high when I test fired it after that so I went to the 30/30 that I killed the buck with the next day.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice work Grizzlyman! Keep after em Palehorse and Golfpro!
Only other buck i've seen since i shot the six was a 4. Last few times out were pretty uneventful. Gun season ends this Fri. and looks like a busy week at work so i doubt i'll make it out. Muzzleloader starts on the 14th i beleive and i should be able to get on a different farm for that, one with a cut cornfeild. Seems like thats where i've been seeing all the deer lately is in cornfeilds so maybe somethin will happen then.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Day off tomorrow so one last chance at a better buck, season ends friday. I get to hunt the cornfeild but think i'll wait till the evening. Afraid i'll spook em going out in the morning. I'll be in the spot i shot the doe and the 6 at daybreak.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Well, looks like I passed up many many deer with no end result.

Usually saw 5-7 does each morning hunt and evening hunt I went out. Just not one of the 6 shooters I have on camera. If I could locate a muzzle loader I could get another shot with a gun but otherwise I'm out except maybe shooting a doe on a doe only hunt in a few weekends.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Last wednesday was my last hunt of gun season, never seen a deer.Sat on the edge of a cut cornfeild and seen nothing, what a dissapointment! Muzzleloader opends on the 14th and that will be my next chance. Feels weird going all weekend and not hunting. I think this is the first weekend since Oct. 1 i haven't been out. Oh well, get caught up on yard work and honey do's. Hopefully some more of our team members will chime in soon with some good news.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Taking my son to the lease this weekend if we don't get rained (thunderstorms) out. I hope that he gets a deer but I would like to put a doe in the freezer.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took my son to the lease this weekend but didn't see any deer. It was in the 70s and we were trying to keep mosquitoes off of us yesterday. Last weekend of gun season is this next weekend and I'm taking a vacation day on Friday and hunting a three day weekend. Hopefully, I will have something to show for it.

Next chance after that is the three day season after Christmas in Arkansas and I have promised that my son can hunt that one with me. My daughter hasn't made up her mind yet.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

We had pretty much a monsoon with warm weather to start muzzleloader season in KY. I decided to stay dry :/
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck boys! I got 2 full weekends with the muzzleloader, which opens this fri. Hopefully there is still a nice buck runnin around.
Go get em guys!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:40 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Nothing yesterday morn. Tonite will be sitting in the swamp just off the cornfeild, really good lookin spot. Hopin to at least pull a doe out of there. Never shot a deer with the muzzleloader so not gonna be too picky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.