Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012-2013 Gun Deer Contest
Team 10 Full Moon Rising! Check in >

Team 10 Full Moon Rising! Check in

Community
View Poll Results: The team logo, and name, Full Moon Rising?
I Love it..
11.11%
I hate it.
0%
I like the logo, but not the name.
0%
I like the name, not not the logo.
0%
Lets make a new team logo, and team name.
0%
Lets use this, and get to hunting, putting points on the board.
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Team 10 Full Moon Rising! Check in

Old 10-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by crokit
Hey PREDATE: You must be out Endwell ways, eh?

Activity here is just starting to pick up. Been spending most of free time going to Adirondacks on day trips { 600 miles round trip } getting ready for my hunt. Set up camp this week and going for 8 days on the 4th, and the week after Thanksgiving. St. Regis Primitive area-20,000 acres- is where it's at. Going nuts with anticipation.
Yep near there. Got part of my education at Maine-Endwell.
I bet you're excited! I've never hunted up there. My fiance's grandfather is part of a club near Stillwater & Big Moose. I might get a up there sometime, even in the off season I'm sure it's a spectacular place.

Last edited by PREDATE; 10-20-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Hey Crokit, I'm only 40-50 miles directly east of you and Buckstalker is about the same to the east of me. Us 3 got the southern zone covered! You been out bowhunting? Ive seen 2 shooters in the past week, but no shot, been passing up does left and right. Rubs/scrapes are popping up fairly good now, all we need is for the temp to drop and we'll be in!
I'd better get back to sleep, I'll be up in 2 1/2 hours for a morning sit to(hopefully) shoot my Susquehanna buck that I've been eyeballin' all year.
Why don't all three of you meet in the middle some where and hunt together?
That would be totally awesome, especially if you all three scored.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning with my muzzleloader. The deer just aren't moving during daylight hours. I did have a nice young 6 point come by, but other than that, just a few fawns. The more mature bucks won't really start moving til Nov.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting has been tough so far. Still very little daylight movement. Hot weather isn't making it any easier. White oak acorns are falling everywhere now. Too much of a good thing can sometimes be bad. A big cold front is on the way, so at least it will be more comfortable for the opening rifle season this weekend. I pm'd the only no show, but haven't heard from him. I don't understand why people enter the contest and never check in. Anybody having any luck hunting? Let us know what's going on. I know some of you are bow hunting.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

It is warm here too.
@ 12.:00 lunch it is 81 degrees f, I hope it is lower than normal temps when deer season opens Nov 10.
I am starting to find some small scraps, but no rubs yet.
I hope the 8 point I got on the trail camera last year is still around.
And is a big 10, or 12 this year, and it walks in my sights.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

in the past few days I've seen 4 bucks and probably 15 doe. I could've taken a few doe, but am holding out for a buck. I couldn't get a shot on the shooter buck, but I still have 3 1/2 weeks with the bow so we'll see! Our weather has been consistantly 60's daytime and kind of rainy. I'm seeing more rubs than scrapes.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

I am seeing a few scraps, but no rubs yet.
It was 84 f today, but a cold front is on the way.
I hope the temps will be colder than normal then the deer will move more.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from an afternoon hunt. I took a friend with me and we hunted two of the best stands on my property. Neither of us saw a thing. Very little daylight movement. Acorns are falling non stop, so the deer don't have to go far at all for food and water. I'm seeing scrapes and rubs now. The bucks should become active in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

It is starting to look like camokenny is a no show.
His last activity was 9 - 10 - 2012
He has 2 1/2 days left before being replaced with an alternate.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went ahead and took a doe Saturday morning with my rifle. That will give us 50 points. Sunday morning I killed a 6 pointer with my bow. He had 4 points on one side and two on the other with no brow tines. He was a 160 pound 3 1/2 year old that needed to be taken out of the gene pool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.