Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012-2013 Gun Deer Contest
Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs* >

Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs*

Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs*

Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Bartender

Thanks for your time on this and sorry for the confusion. I have fixed it.
Originally Posted by deerdust
As it stands, it should be 647 5/8. Check your pm peakrut and get me the correct info and I'll get it fixed. Congrats to you as well!!

Last edited by peakrut; 01-16-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Job Peak Rut! I hate to say it but for the bow hunting contest I lost my measurements after I sent my head away. I'm pissed I did that.

Anyways, I'll be heading to deer camp for a short day hunt on Saturday. Looking to score a doe for the freezer. If I get anything I'll post pics by Monday. Hopefully those points will get is the Victory!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Bartender

Anyone still hunting?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out yestersay with a big goose egg. We did some deer drives but never had any shots. My buddy missed one on Friday night with his slug gun. The only good thing was it was a good day to be out walking yesterday. Found a few potential stand sights as well as a shed from a buck I have a lot of pictures of. Its funny how we knew him from his one tall 3 point antler (other side is a perfect 4) and the antler I found in the thick CRP was his 3 point. Oh well, hopefully we are still in the lead....
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Well...... If yall get the victory, just know it was by the skin of your teeth. I shot a really nice buck on saturday evening that would have pretty much sealed the deal for us a victory, but couldnt find it!!!!!!! trailed blood for about 70/80 yards then lost the trail. Did alot of walking around, but didnt find a deer. I was sick!!
One more week left but i think about everyone is pretty much done. Congratulations on some really nice deer and a possible victory again! We did give yall a good run for your money this year!!! but couldnt seal the deal. Oh well, maybe next year!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 AM
Bartender

Damn that sucks I would of rather you found that buck.
Originally Posted by jermelott
Well...... If yall get the victory, just know it was by the skin of your teeth. I shot a really nice buck on saturday evening that would have pretty much sealed the deal for us a victory, but couldnt find it!!!!!!! trailed blood for about 70/80 yards then lost the trail. Did alot of walking around, but didnt find a deer. I was sick!!
One more week left but i think about everyone is pretty much done. Congratulations on some really nice deer and a possible victory again! We did give yall a good run for your money this year!!! but couldnt seal the deal. Oh well, maybe next year!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by peakrut
Damn that sucks I would of rather you found that buck.
Thanks man!!! I appriciate that! I definately wish I could have found him too!! especially since I didnt get to do very much hunting this year due to having a brand new baby and building a house (that i am still finishing up). BUT.... thats how it goes. I have been very fortunate and havent lost a deer in a really long time, so... I guess i am just thankful for all the other times that I did recover them.
Hopefully we can keep the same teams and duke it out again next year!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 AM
Bartender

Congrats on both! I believe the top 3 teams get to come back for next seasons contest. I would look forward to doing battle again.
Originally Posted by jermelott
Thanks man!!! I appriciate that! I definately wish I could have found him too!! especially since I didnt get to do very much hunting this year due to having a brand new baby and building a house (that i am still finishing up). BUT.... thats how it goes. I have been very fortunate and havent lost a deer in a really long time, so... I guess i am just thankful for all the other times that I did recover them.
Hopefully we can keep the same teams and duke it out again next year!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

J, wish you woulda foudn the buck man! But it's been a good competition this year, lots of good deer taken. Top 3 teams should be back for next year again!
-Jake
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Team, sorry for being absent these past few weeks. Recently moved to another state and haven't had internet except at the library! Looks like we're in the lead currently. Great job everyone, and remember- The top three teams will be back together next year. So be sure to watch and register when it's posted!
-Jake