Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012-2013 Gun Deer Contest
Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs* >

Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs*

Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs*

Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the button! Now that I'm done bowhunting I'm preparing for Gun season in Illinois. Pretty excited. Hunting a spot where I took a 130 a few years back. Holding out for something bigger than that and I know they are out there. Normally would be hunting the spot I bow hunt but am going to a different spot for gun season. Guys on the property said they have seen a few giants and this land doesn't get hunted every year. I'll be hoping to post some good pics next week!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well long story short I went out Veterans Day. My First time out since the season opened Oct 25th. We had just gotten 8 inches of snow. I hadn't had a chance to scout since bow season due to work. So I decided to go to where I had seen some deer during archery season. I was there maybe 30 mins and shot the doe. I decided to let her lay and wait to see in anything else popped out. About 1 1/2hrs later this nice 8pt can running down the hill 70 yds in front of me. Sorry couldn't get a better pic. The temps jumped into the low 40's so I was freaking out trying to get them to the processor, and it was also a one man operation this weekend. Hope this helps the team.

Buck score: 129 1/4
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 Check In - Antler Academy *Defending Champs*-mt-deer.jpg  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Spike

shot a button buck this afternoon, i only have one more day to hunt so hopefully i can find a nice buck. good job/luck everyone
Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Great job Duck and deernutz. Those scores should bump us back into the lead! Deernutz, I am going to post your picture into the score thread so it gets counted. Sounds like you had an eventful and busy day.
-Jake
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Spike

Hey guys lady_buckdropper checking in. My gun season don't start until next week but we have an 8pt. Running around where I hunt at. This is going to be my first year hunting myself because I only used to go with my fiancÚ every year but he says I can hunt alone. Hope to out opening morning and put that buck down wish me the best of luck guys on my first hunt.

Last edited by lady_buckdropper; 11-14-2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

I've got you checked in! welcome to the team. Good luck on getting that 8 point. I don't have any gun season until November 26th. Then I'll have 5 days to hunt.
-Jake
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Spike

Thanks a lot. I'm kinda nervous going out alone for my first hunt
Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lady sometimes the best way to learn is to get out there by yourself. I've failed more times then I can count, but sometimes you win and it's so sweet. Get out there and be safe. Good luck.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

LB, the best thing you can do is go out there and do the things you've learned and learn the things you don't know yet. If you get a shot opportunity, do your best to make a good shot. Once you've got a deer down, then worry about the "Hard" work. Best of luck!
-Jake
Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ill be adding a 138 3/8 to the score here tonight. Got a very nice 8 point this weekend in Illinois. As soon as my buddy sends over the pictures tonight I'll get it posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.