Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 15 thread bow contest >

Official Team 15 thread bow contest

Official Team 15 thread bow contest

Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Perieslend
well, guys I am too interested in this contest but I don't belong to any team or I don't have any captain. So , kindly assist me to get in the contest.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012...g-contest.html
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
its embarrassing for the site.
it is called hunting. not go wound something and not recover it and go shoot something else and it's ok.
in yer field you should know to wait for a better shot? practice practice practice? nothing less than perfect! what happened?
its not a good example to push the "i wounded an animal and am going to go kill some more"...because then folks are like.....

"fuggit, that guy wounded one and is gonna go practice some more on live game and its no big deal, and he is a wildlife biologist, ill just go shoot a few more my dam self til i figure this out!"

vs

"na dude i cant go (do what ever) cause i have to stay here and shoot arrows er the guys on huntingnet are gonna tar and feather me if i fugg up and take anything less than a perfect shot!"

i think its easy to figure which way i would want my own kids mentality to be.
So let me get this straight...you wound an animal and never find it...youre supposed to just hang them up and never hunt again? Mistakes happen ...Dont put someone down and make them feel like crap because of one. Heres an idea. How about instead of him deleting his posts you stop posting.... or leave the team how about that? No one else is messing with him about it..You know why? cause it happens! Nothing embarrassing about your posts JNC it happens to the best of us man! Live and learn buddy
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

My salary depends on people that buy hunting and fishing liscense. I have face to face contact with bowhunters everyday at my WMA and if I were to treat them the way you have treated me I would soon be out of a job and our WMA's would soon be closed to all hunters. I am there to help and assist hunters anyway I can and I should expect the same out of my fellow hunters. I did not spend days this summer in 110-115 degree heat practicing just so I can go out and make a bad decision or take a bad shot, I have to much respect for the animals and my own blood and sweat that I have put in over the years to manage and create a healthy herd at my WMA. I gave the deer the respect it deserved by searching high and low from sunup till sundown until every muscle in my body ached and I was totally exhausted. Today was my first time back in the stand since Tuesday night. As stated above it happens and there is nothing we can do about it because of the unknown variable of how that animal is going to react when that string is released. That is what draws us to this wonderful aspect of hunting.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by JCNinOKC
My salary depends on people that buy hunting and fishing liscense. I have face to face contact with bowhunters everyday at my WMA and if I were to treat them the way you have treated me I would soon be out of a job and our WMA's would soon be closed to all hunters. I am there to help and assist hunters anyway I can and I should expect the same out of my fellow hunters. I did not spend days this summer in 110-115 degree heat practicing just so I can go out and make a bad decision or take a bad shot, I have to much respect for the animals and my own blood and sweat that I have put in over the years to manage and create a healthy herd at my WMA. I gave the deer the respect it deserved by searching high and low from sunup till sundown until every muscle in my body ached and I was totally exhausted. Today was my first time back in the stand since Tuesday night. As stated above it happens and there is nothing we can do about it because of the unknown variable of how that animal is going to react when that string is released. That is what draws us to this wonderful aspect of hunting.
very well said!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
..thats the cap'n's job..early in needs to check in as capn in the capns thread in the bow forum...
No he doesn't. He's not the team capt, huck is. early in doesn't have the time to properly take care of that responsibility, or the PC skills.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

wow looks like we have some personalities here on Team 15. let's all get along fellas
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL There's no problem , I just didn't agree to that responsibility. Like I mentioned, I believe huck said he'd be capt. I think he's done it in the past.

I'll be taking the week of Oct 29th-Nov 3rd to hunt the rut, I'm pumped! It's been slow of late. Must be the "lull".
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry bout my confusion.....I miss took a P.M and thought I was added to your team...My bad!
Good luck tho!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will gladly represent our team as captain...

If by Wednesday (10/10/12) and nobody objects, I will post our decision in the "captain checkin" thread.

JNC, do-do does happen. I will proudly show trail cam side view photos of a doe with broad head scars behind both her right and left shoulder (a complete pass through), in a spot exactly where every bow hunter is expected to shoot. That deer was still standing two weeks later. There was nothing embarrassing at all related to this situation. I firmly believe deer spend every day of their life trying to survive. The fact that we place a hole through them doesn't change anything. I do appreciate hunters who act professionally-giving it their all, period. You my friend have nothing to be embarrassed by. Never let anyone steal your love and desire to be out there!

Let's move forward in supportive roles. Shoot what you want...be professional in your approach.

I spent this past weekend hunting pronghorn in Colorado. I used a rifle to dump a nice buck. He'll probably be my last pronghorn from Colorado. Hunting them with a bow and in Wyoming is too much fun!

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 10-09-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, I hate to be a let-down, but I killed a buck that won't be able to add points to our team score. I shot a small 8pt yesterday evening, and as far back on public land as I was, I couldn't take my buck, treestand, and my bow out at one time (getting older lol). I dragged the buck out (in the dark) and left my bow and climber in until this morning. So, the only pics I have are from the butchers shop. This guy was 130lbs dressed, which is good size for my area.
I almost let him walk because the rut is still a couple of weeks away, but the public land I hunt doesn't give you a lot of opps, and he came in so perfectly at 25yrds that I couldn't not kill him. Again, sorry for not adding some team points.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team 15 thread bow contest-2012-9pt-custom-.jpg   Official Team 15 thread bow contest-img_1394-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by early in; 10-10-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.