Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 15 thread bow contest >

Official Team 15 thread bow contest

Official Team 15 thread bow contest

Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Spike

did we vote on the team name yet.....it happens early in. Congrats on the kill!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early in,

This entire contest is about having fun. You did what you had you do, no worries and congratulations! Now get out there and work on a doe!

How about Buck-L-down?"
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Today I had a crazy little 4pt come crashing from the thicket (for whatever reason) I was going to hunt the edge of. It was 3:00PM and I hadn't even pulled my bow up yet. At 5:20PM I had a nice doe walk from the same thicket right under my stand. I didn't want the straight down shot and waited for her to get somewhat broadside, but she just kept walking straight away.

Then, right at dark as I had just lowered my bow, I saw a big bodied, lone deer walk from the thicket. I think I saw antler. I've been having good luck seeing deer so far this season.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Will, your team is going down buddy)))

Dave
Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I lke it Dave! Team Going Down! It's ten times better than Screwing Up!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't anybody hunting out there? I'm not hearing any reports. Oh well, I'll be out to tag a nanny after the rain tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Spike

hunting this weekend in california for mulies. Unfortunately its with the gun. Then heading to Iowa from Nov. 2nd thru Nov 10th. Then again Nov. 15th thru Dec 5th. Should be a good one down with all that time. Ill keep ya posted!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early,

I'm not back in the deer woods until Nov. 17th. This weekend I have 13 out of state elk hunters with me in Colorado. I'll be guiding the best I can through the following weekend. On Nov. 3rd through the 11th, I'll be guiding kids and first time lady hunters. After these two events I'll be free to pursue deer for myself. I still have a South Dakota tag, Iowa tag, and Alabama tag. I'm also going to try to sneak over for a Nebraska hunt.

Everyone make an effort to check in at least once a week, the news and encouragement is good. Hunt hard, hunt safe, and best of luck everyone!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post huck. I surely wish I had the tags you've got! Best of luck to you. The rain here in SE Pa should be pretty much done with around noon or a little after, so that should have them out and about for the evening hunt!

You know it's funny, even though I've already used my buck tag, I'm still excited about tagging another doe. I still get that same "panicked heartbeat" when I see a doe in bow range. Good luck out there guys, and be safe!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early,

Man, I hope that panick never goes away! It is truly a special feeling....

Well, here's the results from the weekend. I guided three hunters successfully on cow elk. One hunter from Pa. missed a 5x5 bull and another hunter from Texas missed a nice 4x4 mule deer. We saw tons of cows but were having a difficult time locating bulls. I saw a total of 35 elk, all on public ground. Laughs were had by all. I wish I didn't have to come back to the real world for work... I was in heaven! I'll head back to the mountains Friday night for more of the same. I'll try to get some video and photos up.

How did everyone else's weekend go?

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 10-21-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.