Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team 15 thread bow contest >

Official Team 15 thread bow contest

Official Team 15 thread bow contest

Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looks like huck is the team Capt. Congrats! He'll make a fine leader. Now, let's kill some deer!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Peak,

Awesome deer you took! Congrats, I am excited for you!

2012 has been very kind to me...I feel incredibly privileged. Back in April, I arrowed a new world record Merriam's turkey, and then in July I had another stellar trip to Africa. I finally arrowed my long sought after cape buffalo, taking it with a single double lung/heart shot. I also managed to gain the advantage on a very respectable cape bush buck, genet cat, zebra, red hartebeest, white springbok, and black wildebeest. I'm looking forward to going back in 2014 for a Sable and Hippo.

I finally drew an Iowa deer tag. I'm looking forward to hunting there the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Just After Thanksgiving, I'll be near Birmingham, Alabama for four days-bow in hand for deer. Nebraska and South Dakota will be hit on weekends whenever possible. And finally, There's a slight chance for a hunt in Arizona right after the first of the year. It will all depend on my work schedule.

To my Teamies,

Sure, I will accept the captain jobLet's get going!

For a team name I like: Entwined
Strings of Deception, or
Strings of Confidence
Bowdacious
Force with Reason
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Guys I understand that any deer taken with a bow is a trophy but check out some of the does that have been checked in so far. One still had spots on it. I just dont see the purpose of shooting the little ones. Let'm walk beside how much meat will they be getting out of those puppies. I just don't see it. Sorry if I offend anybody but I had to vent after seeing so manty small does shot. Mistakes happen but we should be able to identify the young deer just by a look at the body, face etc.. Now I feel better. Good Luck to all, be safe and happy hunting
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel ya on the spots....but we just have dog sized deer here..wish i was fortunate enough to shoot a 200lb deer
Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well boys bad news. I could not find her today. Had blood start about 60 yards after impact and only went for about another 20 yards. Spent the entire day canvasing the area with no luck. I am just totally confused by this, it look like such a good hit. The only thing I can think of is that it was high from her jumping the string and went between vitals and the spine. I just don't know. Really disappointed in myself cause it made it into the 80's today and I hate the waiste. Will be back in the saddle again tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Spike

im down for whoever is captain... but i like trick em and stickem
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

jcn, sorry you lost yer deer, but please delete those post, they are embarrassing. thanx
Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

sent in my last request to our last member who has not checked in. i do not know the actual date given for alts..thats the cap'n's job..early in needs to check in as capn in the capns thread in the bow forum, congrats to early in as team capn. all yeah praise him

as for me, i went wed/thurs to hunt and found hogs tore up 15 acres of my stuff, so i ended up mowing and leveling, putting out a hog trap and coming home.maybe headed bak sat night. have to see.

Official Team 15 thread bow contest-img_20121003_154104.jpg
Official Team 15 thread bow contest-img_20121003_154118.jpg
Official Team 15 thread bow contest-img_20121003_154418.jpg

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-05-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Not embarrissing to me just frustrating. It is called hunting not killing. These things happen and if you don't share your experiences with others you don't learn or others may think that it only happens to them and quit our wonderful heritage and that is the last thing we need is less hunters, especially less bowhunters.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

its embarrassing for the site.
it is called hunting. not go wound something and not recover it and go shoot something else and it's ok.
in yer field you should know to wait for a better shot? practice practice practice? nothing less than perfect! what happened?
its not a good example to push the "i wounded an animal and am going to go kill some more"...because then folks are like.....

"fuggit, that guy wounded one and is gonna go practice some more on live game and its no big deal, and he is a wildlife biologist, ill just go shoot a few more my dam self til i figure this out!"

vs

"na dude i cant go (do what ever) cause i have to stay here and shoot arrows er the guys on huntingnet are gonna tar and feather me if i fugg up and take anything less than a perfect shot!"

i think its easy to figure which way i would want my own kids mentality to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.