Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official thread--Team 11    Silent But Deadly >

Official thread--Team 11 Silent But Deadly

Official thread--Team 11 Silent But Deadly

Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LLBUX
I hope to get out the afternoon of the 5th. I'm a HS Shop teacher and work til 3:30. I am about an hour from a treestand so almost too late to hunt during the week.

With help from family and friends, I am hosting a Wounded Warrior Oct 1-5 and hope he gets a chance at one of our good bucks.

Good luck all, make sure you have clean kills this year.
That's awesome with the WW hunt. I hope that goes well. I'm a pastor, so my schedule is always changing. I just keep everything ready just in case things free up suddenly. Less than a week away!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I am hunting a new area this year. The sign from last year looks good with plenty of fresh sign. Been seeing plenty of deer at the field edges in the evenings, but who knows if they will be around in 2 weeks??? I had a couple of cams hung but they were stolen. Not sure if by human or bear??? I am glad doe's count as this year I am using all traditional gear hunting from the ground so any deer in range will get killed.....well at least shot at!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

At 43 years of age, you'd think I would've learned a little bit of patience by now...but this clock is ticking so slow. 5 More days till IL Bow Season. Hope you guys have a great season. Be Blessed
Old 10-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Team mate Tribal from MN has a doe down so we are on the board.

Illinois season opened today so several of us will now have our chance.

I am hosting a Wounded Warrior this week and hope he can get on a deer right away.

I may get out Tues eve and then again on Fri and Sat.

Good luck all!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Had a slammer in front of me about 25 yards, in thick stuff, wind shifted and he just turned and went back the way he came. Really big buck. Three Doe took the trail earlier. He needed to walk 20 more yards.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

I posted in the check-in thread, but haven't been on this one. Our season starts on Saturday and I'm off on Monday too. I lost access to some properties that I had permission to hunt last year, but I have good hopes for this season. Good luck fellas!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

My Wounded Warrior hunter has been seeing deer each sit but hasn't drawn on one just yet. Will post a pic and story if/when he kills out.

I plan to take a day off and hunt with him on Friday in Pike County and then get away and hunt Brown County of Saturday evening.

Good luck all!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Season opens here in Va on Saturday. Did some scouting last Saturday and the acorn mast didn't look very good but the areas I have my blinds set up look very promising. Have several blinds built on intersecting trails with lots of sign. I have to work until 3pm on Saturday so I will be able to sneak in a short evening hunt with my Longbow in hand!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default Video of one I let walk last Friday....

Just a two year old I let ealk last friday.....saw one that will go booner status and that's hard to say in NC. Hopefully will post one with him on the ground soon.

http://youtu.be/WAY5USnZMQM
Old 10-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by phish500
Just a two year old I let ealk last friday.....saw one that will go booner status and that's hard to say in NC. Hopefully will post one with him on the ground soon.

http://youtu.be/WAY5USnZMQM

pretty buck... can't wait to get in a tree tomorrow. Good luck on the booner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.