Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
Official thread--Team 11    Silent But Deadly >

Official thread--Team 11 Silent But Deadly

Official thread--Team 11 Silent But Deadly

Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys. You need to be on scrapes right now! They hammering them. Saw a 5 yr old 8 pt stud tonite on em. Almost shot until he bolted after another buck. I think I finally found a good spot.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks, Vacation starts Thursday,
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I'm starting my vacation tomorrow and hunting nonstop for 9 days. To help time pass in the stand I'm going to report from the stand. I'm really hopeful that the big ones will be on there feet soon. Good temp drop here in the last two days. Highs in the 40's and lows in the 30's. (20 degree difference = movement) I'll let you guys know.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I got mine posted in the scoring thread. 86 5/8. Last year I put up 83 points for my team and then killed one that scored 136". Hopefully I do the same thing this year, two more buck tags in VA and I may hunt PA's firearms season.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Entered pjhunt's doe as well. We are doing very well, just need a couple of gaggers!

Good luck all!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted in Brown County on Saturday evening with my good friend btbowhunter.

I sat in a hickory overlooking a wheat field and had a number of deer in front of me most of the evening. A 130-140" 8 pointer cruised the field edges seeking receptive does. He came to 75 yards but veered off after a doe.

Great night! Going back next Saturday night.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot over the top of a nice 8 or 10 last night. My luck has got to turn here soon I hope.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Got to go out for a little bit this morning and had a pretty decent hunt. It was foggy as all get out, maybe 40 yards visibility. I had a spike come through followed by 3 does abot 5 minutes later. As I was watching the does, out of the fog walks in a nice looking 130 inch 8pt. He stood at 20 yards for ever before finally deciding to go check on the does. I've got about 300 pics of this deer and his twin. Both will be quality deer next year if they make it. He ran them into a little thicket, but his brother ran them back out. It was exciting to see them up and moving a little. After church on Sunday I will be at the Cabin for a week. Hopefully I can get some deer on the ground. If nothing else, it will be good to get a way. Rut seems to be really kicking in around Southern IL. Good luck and be safe.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys I'm trying hard but I've already missed the same 170 inch 13 pointer twice today
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Had a really slow week last week. No shots were taken. Was pretty disappointed. I think the bucks were all locked down with does as there was little chasing activity going on. One of the guys hunting with me had 20 does in a food plot and not 1 buck came and scent checked them or anything. It was really kind of weird. But there's lots of season left and ifit ever gets cold, those food plots will certainly pay off. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.