Team 2- Slip It In

Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Alright guys, its been one hell of a week, nice to end it good. I started getting pictures of this dude we call Lifetime this summer pretty regular, so figured I good chance at him. But the only problem, he was way to visible and came out to our field every night and we have alot of problems with poachers. So everytime I got him on camera I was relieved he made it another day. Well last weekend for the opener, the weather was all screwed up, was raining all day off and on. He wasn't coming in on regular times, be like 12:30pm one day and 3:15pm the next. So this week I went to hunt wednesday evening and go to get in my spot and all my stuff had been stolen. Cameras, stands, sticks, lifeline rope, thermacell, bow hanger...the works. Looked like i never have hunted this spot when they got done. So went to check my other spot, and it was completely wiped out too! This is on 100% private land, only 100 yards from the inlaws house. In stead of letting this get me down, I knew i had to get this buck! So went to walmart, loaded up and put the same setup i had back in place. I put up a cheap moultrie camera just to see if he was around and stayed out and let it rest. Well I go to check the camera Saturday during the day and he was in there friday evening at 6:00 and then again on Saturday morning at 7. So it was on, I new this was the best chance i have been given. Took two showers, fresh washed clothes and got in there at 4:30. Well deer started showing up at 6:15. Well around 7:15 i had some does and lil bucks eating, and I heard a tree just getting trashed. Well some of the little bucks went to go great who ever was coming. Well at 20yds he appeared. Walked straight up to the corn, and everybody else moved out of his way. I drew the helium and let it fly. 15yds with the Shwacker and it was all over. He ran about 50 yds and I heard him crash. He was definitely a once in a lifetime deer, lots of character.

Here is his info:
Left Right
G1 -- 2-1/2 2-5/8
g2 -- 7 8-1/4
g3 -- 7-1/4 9-1/8
g4 -- 5-5/8

mb -- 21 10-1/2

h1 -- 4-1/2 4-1/2
h2 --- 4-1/8 4-1/8
h3 --- 4-3/4 4
h4 -- 4 4 (took the same measurement of h3?)

width -- 16-1/2

abnormal --
rg2 -- 1-1/4
lg2 -- 1-3/8
lg3 -- 2
lbase -- 1
rg3 -- 2-3/8, 1-1/2, 1-3/8

grand total 135-1/4. Someone may check my addition.

here is his last live pics..

Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations from Team Pass Thru. That's one fine trophy there. Sorry to hear about your gear being stolen, but way to keep your head in the game.

On Point
Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 AM
Spike

great deer congrats way to get our team going.sorry to hear about your stuff getting ripped off
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Trophy Hunter- Team 12 would like to congratulate you on on your kill. Great looking buck with a ton of character.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!! my son shot an 8 this past weekend for the YOUTH HUNT!!.. My season Opens MONDAY!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Hey good job from miss near miss. I'd put a camera I'm a highly visible spot then put one high in tree behind it to catch your thief. That would really pis me off
Old 09-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pjhunts
Hey good job from miss near miss. I'd put a camera I'm a highly visible spot then put one high in tree behind it to catch your thief. That would really pis me off
oh I have been wanting to get them so bad. Thought about going and getting the pic of the deer and me blown up banner size and hang it right beside the road, saying "I got him, Now quit stealing my stuff and stay out!"
Old 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Hunter...you have exemplified the true meaning of BowHunting.....PRESERVERANCE. In every effort we make to finally connect with "the one", from scouting to the kill, it is all about preserverance, having the patience to get the special Buck within shooting range, the rush of drawing the bow back and releasing to let the arrow fly. The preserverance and fortitude to continue on after the loss of everything you had makes me extremely proud to not only be a bow hunter, but to have you on my Team. Congrats on the kill and way to start us off!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon
Hunter...you have exemplified the true meaning of BowHunting.....PRESERVERANCE. In every effort we make to finally connect with "the one", from scouting to the kill, it is all about preserverance, having the patience to get the special Buck within shooting range, the rush of drawing the bow back and releasing to let the arrow fly. The preserverance and fortitude to continue on after the loss of everything you had makes me extremely proud to not only be a bow hunter, but to have you on my Team. Congrats on the kill and way to start us off!
Well said Damon, and again Congrats Hunter 22. It all came together for you. That was a cool story , and I hope you catch them SLOBS!!!! I'm all packed and will be on my way to Ohio on Friday !!!! OH yea !! Team 2 is on the top of the Hill right now !!! Yea BABY!!! Good Luck and be SAFE!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks all guys, its has definitely been the best feeling of completion. I am still riding cloud 9. Its truly enjoying to be on a team that I can contribute. thanks..trophy

I got the ball rolling now its yall's time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.