Team 1 check in

Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Fsh, I envy the fact that you have the property to let deer like that walk. It must be a nice feeling to call a mid 120 class deer a management deer. I myself guestimated that 8 point at upper 120's, my goal was a 130 plus class this year but after seeing such a nice well balance dark chocolate rack, my standards dropped by a few inches. If he would have made those last few steps he would have felt the arrow))). Nice old buck, big belly, nice barrel chest, guest him at 5.5.

Do me a favor Fsh, push some of those "management" bucks my way))).

I almost forgot my surprise. Tonight Mrs. SouthernMDArcher tells me after dinner "let's take a ride". We hop in the truck and head towards town and when we get to a certain road she says "turn here". Well I ended up at my local pro shop, walk in and she says " I know work is hectic and you are not getting the time to hunt that you want, I decided to get you an early Christmas/pick your spirits up present.

Pro shop guy hands me a brand new Bear Method bow, Nap Apache carbon rest. Then she hands me a reciept for a Trophy Ridge react sight that she ordered me. I am so lucky to have this women in my life..............and oh yeah.....the new bow and accessories are not half bad either.

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 11-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Typical Buck

SMA

I haven't killed a buck the past two years because I've know that some very nice bucks are possible in that area. It doesn't bother me to eat my buck tag(s) at the end of the season. In my younger days, I would have had a heart attack or nervous breakdown before I could have ever got an arrow off at that 10 ptr, lol.

Good to have a supporting wife! My wife too is an "enabler".

-fsh
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... couldn't pass on that 10pt anywhere! esp here in Mass! lol..

SD, sounds like you have a keeper there!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fshafly2
SMA

I haven't killed a buck the past two years because I've know that some very nice bucks are possible in that area. It doesn't bother me to eat my buck tag(s) at the end of the season. In my younger days, I would have had a heart attack or nervous breakdown before I could have ever got an arrow off at that 10 ptr, lol.

Good to have a supporting wife! My wife too is an "enabler".

-fsh
Then we need to talk about a lease for next year)))). Passing bucks down here is hard but I do it all the time. So many 105- bucks walk by each year and I let them go. I made my standard many years ago and try to stick with it, the only time that standard changes is if I see a critical injured deer or a very unique racked buck. Even at that they have to be close to the standard.

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 11-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Soooooooooo...........i got about 70 shots through the Method bow. Boy does she scream some arrows. Blazing fast and accurate. Can not wait for the react sight to come so I can get her ready for hunting. For now the old Truth 2 will have to do.)))

Dave
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not shot any of the new Bear bows, but here nothing but good things about them... but at this time I am in a serious relationship with my Mathews Z7.... lol
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing like a cool frosty morning for bow hunting. I am up and heading to the stand. Goodluck all, Fsh push some management deer my way))))

Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Saw six bucks between 7am and 9:15 am, had to climb down to take son for his S.A.T test. First buck was a 100 class 8 point, the other five were all spikes and forkers. Going out this evening, I am hopeful the big boys will be trolling for love.)))

Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Back in stand at 2:15 pm, saw a spike, a doe...........another spike, a 5 point and 1 last doe right at dark. Wind cut right through me. I am on the deer but just no shooter bucks yet. Guess I will try again in the morning.

Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Saw a 9 ptr at distance this am, and nada this evening. Ruby and I will be tracking tomorrow morning, and hopefully I'll get some saddle time in the afternoon.

-fsh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.