HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest-133/)
-   -   Team 1 check in (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest/370056-team-1-check.html)

krub6b 09-02-2012 08:12 PM

Hey guys I've got two weeks before season opens up here in central MO. Had a good eight come by while I was hanging a new stand three weeks ago hopefully he makes the same mistake again on opening day.

fshafly2 09-03-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernMDArcherer (Post 3968678)
Nanjemoy................Fsh................I know the place well.

Dave

Dave
Where do you live?

-fsh

SouthernMDArcherer 09-04-2012 08:55 AM

Fsh...I live about one mile north of St. Mary college down by St. Mary City. I was raised in Charles county, graduated from LaPlata high many many years ago. I am very familiar with Nanjemoy...........my Mother still lives in waldorf. I did 22 years in the Air Force and have been retired for the last ten years living South of PAX. Currently I work at PAX, nice to know someone on the team is close by. If you need any tracking help etc. let me know, I am always willing to help.

Dave

Brent B 09-04-2012 02:47 PM

Got my stands put up in ohio and scored some river bottom and another woods today. Hopefully heading home to put up stands this weekend. Got some more pics on the trail cam in the daylight my big ten is out of velvet.

Brent B 09-04-2012 03:02 PM

SouthernMDArcherer 09-04-2012 04:18 PM

Well guys here is the plan. Work tomm., off thursday to get oil changed in truck and pack gear in the afternoon. Friday opening day, will be in stand at 05:15 am waiting for some juicy deer to walk by. After last years miserable season of hobbling around on a broke foot, I am looking forward to enjoying this season.

Time for the "old man to redeem himself", 37th year bowhunting and I am still as excited as when I was a kid. Goodluck anyone who is hunting and goodluck to those guys still getting ready for thier season.

BTW, Nice looking deer there Brent.

Dave

fshafly2 09-04-2012 05:14 PM

Good luck with that buck Brent!

SMA - Ruby (in my avatar) has done well tracking wounded deer (as well as her first turkey track this spring). If you want my phone #'s, let me know and I will pm them to you. We'd be glad to help you if you need it.

-fsh

SouthernMDArcherer 09-05-2012 02:14 AM

Fsh.....I appreciate the offer. Strange that you live so close and have a dog named Ruby. We have a shih tzu named Ruby, the only thing she tracks is the dog bowl)))

Dave

W9ARcher 09-05-2012 08:33 PM

W9ARcher checking in from Wisconsin. Just got back from my hunting property and spent 2 days getting my 20 stands setup with seats and tow ropes. Had to rebuild two stands due to wind damage. They should be ready for the rut after things settle down and the leaves drop.

SouthernMDArcherer 09-06-2012 01:47 PM

Well boys, tomm. is opening day. I am heading out in a few to finish packing the truck and shoot the bow one more time. I have not decided which stand to sit yet, think I will go with my gut feeling as I pull up to the farm tomm. morning. Goodluck guys.........here we go..................

Dave