Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS

Old 10-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sat all day and saw one 3 pointer and one 6pointer.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck guys, didnt make it out this weekend but I might during the week but for sure next weekend!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Oh he came back... What are the odds??? Now he wasn't in range but I did see him making a new scrape... First time I have ever seen it actually happen in front of me... I wasn't sure if it was the rain drops falling off the trees or what it was at first until he walked out on the trail about 70 yards down the hill from me... That was all happening between 7:30-8:00... I am gonna try to get him... very big body 8 or 9... I forgot to bring my range finder and my binos... I left em in the truck but it dosen't matter because he is friggin big...lol This is starting to look good... I sat the rest of the day satisfied because he didn't leave and I seen 2 doe just not headed in my direction... But he came back so there is still hope...lol I feel great...
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Did a morning sit yesterday and saw a really nice shooter buck. He had my attention and i failed to notice the two old wise doe's on my right side. Long story short, one of the doe's blew at me and all deer were quickly out of sight. That buck was about 60 yards out and headed directly towards me. Learned a hard lesson yesterday, always move slow and always be aware of what's sneaking in behind you.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dstubb
Did a morning sit yesterday and saw a really nice shooter buck. He had my attention and i failed to notice the two old wise doe's on my right side. Long story short, one of the doe's blew at me and all deer were quickly out of sight. That buck was about 60 yards out and headed directly towards me. Learned a hard lesson yesterday, always move slow and always be aware of what's sneaking in behind you.

I had a very similar situation last year & cost me a great buck that was only 25yds away.

You'll get him next time!!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dstubb
That stinks bud! I sure hope he comes back and gives you another shot at him. Did HE see you?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jermelott
That stinks bud! I sure hope he comes back and gives you another shot at him. Did HE see you?
No he didn't see me, but he took the other doe's word for it and hauled ass out of the area.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Things are heating up here. I had a buck trailing 2 doe a few nights ago. I heard bucks fighting/grunting, then 20 seconds later 2 doe came running by and stopped 15yds. downwind of me and staring at me. I was on the ground. Then I heard grunting and here a big boy comes on their trail. I wait for him to step behind a bush and I draw. The does blew and busted but he stayed planted, then he slowly dissolved into the thicket behind him. Literally 2 more steps and he was dead! Would've been a 16yd. shot.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Things are heating up here. I had a buck trailing 2 doe a few nights ago. I heard bucks fighting/grunting, then 20 seconds later 2 doe came running by and stopped 15yds. downwind of me and staring at me. I was on the ground. Then I heard grunting and here a big boy comes on their trail. I wait for him to step behind a bush and I draw. The does blew and busted but he stayed planted, then he slowly dissolved into the thicket behind him. Literally 2 more steps and he was dead! Would've been a 16yd. shot.
Thats awesome... Your gonna get another chance... I hope everyone gets a chance... I have a morning hunt tomorrow and then all day saturday...
Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Well seen a 6 point around 10 today... He was just browzing his way down the hill headed right for me... He had a very large body but a skinny rack... White coloring all the way around his mouth and under his muzzle... Thick neck and a pot belly... Such a skinny and tall rack though... He looked old but a couple does right above him caught his ears then eyes and he went trotting off after them...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.