Community

Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS

Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

They likely only ran 75-100Yds. They shouldn't be too spooked just from that. That's the main reason that it's good to enter in the dark. They probably realized that you weren't following them and just resumed their eating.
I was out @ 2:00 this morning coyote hunting. There were 8-10 deer in the same field as me for an hour. They watched me walk in. Three of them came to within 30Yds. then they all laid down 120Yds away and watched me walk out.
I have a feeling that you'll be seeing him again. If not before, then during the rut!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

I saw a nice 8 yesterday as I was leaving my stand. I plan on scouting him out before I move into the spot. I might set a trailcam today and figure him out. He's hanging out along a thick overgrown powerline. The powerline runs along the side of a hill. On the lower side is a small stream(80yds down the hill). There is a road on the far side of the stream. The upper side is fairly thick woods with alot of oaks.
The power company just cleared a path down the line about 10ft. wide. When I saw him @ 10:20 he was crossing the line, going towards the creek. I think he's bedding on the edge of the line overlooking the creek.
So within 100 yds. he has food, water, and thick cover!
He probably doesn't stray too far from that spot.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Finally making it out for the first time this weekend. Not expecting a whole lot as far as buck activity due to some warmer temps being predicted but I'm hoping to at least put down a doe. Sounds like everyone is at least seeing deer with some shot opportunities. Good luck to everyone and keep hunting! Remember whole deer bow and you in pictures! Lets get some brown down!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PREDATE
They likely only ran 75-100Yds. They shouldn't be too spooked just from that. That's the main reason that it's good to enter in the dark. They probably realized that you weren't following them and just resumed their eating.
I was out @ 2:00 this morning coyote hunting. There were 8-10 deer in the same field as me for an hour. They watched me walk in. Three of them came to within 30Yds. then they all laid down 120Yds away and watched me walk out.
I have a feeling that you'll be seeing him again. If not before, then during the rut!
I hope you are right! Good luck with the 8 point! if you get any pics, postum so we can see.

anyone else getting any new deer on camera? Whats everyone seeing so far?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Ok... Here is my update.... gone out 6 times now... I seen an 8 point and a 4 point... The 8 never came into my comfort range(within 40 yards)... The 4 however wont stay away from me... I mean I tried to call the 8 into range and the 4 ran up to 10 yards of my stand and I wouldn't have had a chance to even draw on it if it came because of that dang 4 pointer... I have seen a lot of does and I will take one... I had two small does come close but I wanted the third one who i would guess is the mama to come closer but she didn't... I am getting tired of that 4 pointer to be sure...lol He just keeps coming in.........
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jermelott

This is a picture that you never want to see!!! This is my target buck watching me walk to my stand on Sunday morning! I was about 25 yards from him when this picture was taken. I was telling myself that if I could make it in undetected, that I would have a good shot at killing him this morning. I just got done telling myself, "phewww i made it, now just get in the stand and get set up and we in the clear". I never thought they would let me get so close before blowing out of there. I guess my sneaky little self with my little red light worked to some extent! lol. I still didnt know what deer blew me until about 10:30 when i got down and checked my camera. Ive been pretty bummed ever since! i doubt he will be back in the area (during daylight) until maybe rut. hope everyone else had a good weekend. lets hear about it!
Dang... I would go in about an hour sooner... I hope you get him... Good Luck!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

on a side note... in 6 days that friggin 4 point has showed himself about ten times to me...lol No tines just forks...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

26Draw,
What calls are you trying? I have'nt tried calling yet, but I may try a few soft contact grunts. I pretty much have this buck locked down, but he just hangs in the thick stuff.
That 4-point will probably be changing his tune once that 8 knocks him around a little!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 26drawny
Dang... I would go in about an hour sooner... I hope you get him... Good Luck!!!
Thats already an hour and a half before sunrise, and the time he was most likely not going to be there! He had been showing up right at daylight and in the 3 to 4 o clock range. Oh well.... I am still getting pics of him, just nun during daylight hours since this encounter.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I was just doing some soft short grunts... It is starting to pick up with day activity... I hope to god that 8 smacks that 4 a few times or at least one good time... That little frigger just wont go away...

@Jerelott: That sounds rough... Maybe a few days more and he might start going out close to the daytime again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.