Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS

Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

That sux... I am going out tomorrow to do some looking and some last minute scouting... Have a gun raffle to go to on Saturday and then I am headed out to the land on sunday to camp out for monday... This way I know everything I need is out there and I don't have to wake up too early and when I get up I will already be there...lol I so already have all my stuff laid out... This is killing me... I guess I can take my bow outside to take some more shots...lol Killing time now...
Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 26drawny
That sux... I am going out tomorrow to do some looking and some last minute scouting... Have a gun raffle to go to on Saturday and then I am headed out to the land on sunday to camp out for monday... This way I know everything I need is out there and I don't have to wake up too early and when I get up I will already be there...lol I so already have all my stuff laid out... This is killing me... I guess I can take my bow outside to take some more shots...lol Killing time now...
I feel your pain. I have everything washed up, and sitting outside in a rubbermaid tub. I even have pre_washed my towel for that morning, socks and underwear. Every night i find myself thinking of things i can do to make me that much more prepared. Last night i got bored and put together a ziplock bag full of everything i need to field dress lol. It has rubber gloves, knife, tag, ink pen, zip ties, butt-out, and wet wipes . This waiting crap is killing me.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dstubb
I feel your pain. I have everything washed up, and sitting outside in a rubbermaid tub. I even have pre_washed my towel for that morning, socks and underwear. Every night i find myself thinking of things i can do to make me that much more prepared. Last night i got bored and put together a ziplock bag full of everything i need to field dress lol. It has rubber gloves, knife, tag, ink pen, zip ties, butt-out, and wet wipes . This waiting crap is killing me.
lol... I have run out of things now... I was just making sure everything was sighted in and I friggin jumped the string at 40 yards.... Yeah I nailed the wood on top of the block and it snaped the shaft...lol I have hay behind it and the front half went into the hay and the back half flipped and landed standing up on the hay... it sucked but t the same time it was funny... I mean what are the odds of it landing like that??? I should have taken a pic of it... but I am sighted in out to 40... I feel good... My shooting lanes only allow me to shoot out to 30 anyway but hey I might have to take that shot...
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Question about the scoring... Now From the way I am reading it if you take a doe it is 25 points. If I take a doe and use it for points then I get a buck will the doe still count or only one deer will count???
Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

both deer will count. 25 points for a doe, and whatever your buck scores (hopefully 150+) lol
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. Well I have only been able to make it out in the field a few times since my season opened on 9/15. I have only seen a few deer so far. Nothing big. I was full draw on a doe at 10 yards but it was still 70 degrees out and I didn't feel like tracking, dressing, and butchering in that heat so I let her walk. Definitely got my blood flowing though.
I am planning on hunting a new spot this weekend. I have only seen the property once so it will probably be more of a scouting trip but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and get a doe.
As far as does go, I am a lock for 1 to 3 every year, with a 50/50 chance for a buck. There are two properties that I hunt where I would take an 80" + buck and two properties that I will only shoot one over 120". All are hunted pretty hard by others though so we will have to wait and see.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Phil,
Thanks for filling us in on your season so far. I hope you get to see more stand time. Sounds like your staying in a positive mindset! Good luck out there!
BTW what's the temp like in Wis. now?
I'm getting sick of the warm days. Anything over 65 is starting to feel oppressive!lol
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Had a talk with the neighbor yesterday. I think he's coming around to my way of thinking!lol
Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Phil,
Thanks for filling us in on your season so far. I hope you get to see more stand time. Sounds like your staying in a positive mindset! Good luck out there!
BTW what's the temp like in Wis. now?
I'm getting sick of the warm days. Anything over 65 is starting to feel oppressive!lol
A high of 73 today. A bit warmer than we like. I think with the moon almost full and the warm temps they have been waiting till dark to move.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser
A high of 73 today. A bit warmer than we like. I think with the moon almost full and the warm temps they have been waiting till dark to move.
Thats what I am afraid they are doing up here... I mean it is in the low 60's but I am not liking the moon... Gotta pray for thick heavy clouds......lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.