Community

Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS

Old 09-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

yeah I am sleeping out there Sunday night... Got a WSW wind at about 9mph... The stand I am going to be using in the AM will be in the north east corner of property... got 4 trails leading into one... Gonna be about 100 yards away from the water hole and 40 yards away from a food source... sitting in between em... in the PM I will move to another spot to the south east for the evening if I don't get a hit in the am.... That spot is a blind just inside the brush on the north edge of a series of fields with two logging roads on each side and some pines to the east..... gonna have a few buddies out there with me...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dstubb
Hey guy's just checking in. My name is Dustin and i'm hunting a couple of different private farms in Ohio this year. Got a couple bruisers on cam that i'll be chasing this season.
Those are some dandy bucks. Welcome to the team.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Typical Buck

Should I or shouldn't I, pour hydraulic oil on my neighbors salt lick? Well for 1 it's illegal in NY. He has it set on land that belongs to my dads aunt, which borders our property. He does have hunting permission, but he's absolutely littered the place with treestands, one of which is about 15Yds. off our line. I've hunted it all of my life and he's just trying to claim it as his own. All of this land has been in my family since the 1860's.
The guy is just a freeking heeeb. It's about a 300Yd. walk to his stands, but no, he has to blaze through on his 4-wheeler. He's ran over my coyote traps, his buddies have stolen my traps, shot the (fiberglass) windows out of a box blind, and that's just to name a few. We have tried not to start problems with this guy, but he's bringing it upon himself.
I probably won't pour hydraulic oil on it, besides, have you seen the price on hydraulic oil lately?,
I'm just gonna confront him on everything, Hmmmm...... Monday morning sounds good, atleast I'll know where to find him!!! I'll be like a Walker hound on a coon, just following his trail of empty "buckbomb" cans!
I'm just venting here a little bit guys, so I don't do something drastic, like bust out the old Mculloch chainsaw and fell all of the trees that contain a ladder stand, (Sunday evening, no less)!LOL
I don't hunt there all that much til' gun season, mostly because of this guy and his cronies that he just takes upon himself to invite up there. They don't seem to understand that deer know to avoid 4-wheelers!

Last edited by PREDATE; 09-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

should have set up trail cam s on it... Then called the DEC... He would think again before setting foot on the property and he would know your watching...
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Should I or shouldn't I, pour hydraulic oil on my neighbors salt lick? Well for 1 it's illegal in NY. He has it set on land that belongs to my dads aunt, which borders our property. He does have hunting permission, but he's absolutely littered the place with treestands, one of which is about 15Yds. off our line. I've hunted it all of my life and he's just trying to claim it as his own. All of this land has been in my family since the 1860's.
The guy is just a freeking heeeb. It's about a 300Yd. walk to his stands, but no, he has to blaze through on his 4-wheeler. He's ran over my coyote traps, his buddies have stolen my traps, shot the (fiberglass) windows out of a box blind, and that's just to name a few. We have tried not to start problems with this guy, but he's bringing it upon himself.
I probably won't pour hydraulic oil on it, besides, have you seen the price on hydraulic oil lately?,
I'm just gonna confront him on everything, Hmmmm...... Monday morning sounds good, atleast I'll know where to find him!!! I'll be like a Walker hound on a coon, just following his trail of empty "buckbomb" cans!
I'm just venting here a little bit guys, so I don't do something drastic, like bust out the old Mculloch chainsaw and fell all of the trees that contain a ladder stand, (Sunday evening, no less)!LOL
I don't hunt there all that much til' gun season, mostly because of this guy and his cronies that he just takes upon himself to invite up there. They don't seem to understand that deer know to avoid 4-wheelers!
Poisoning his salt licks is only punishing the wildlife. I would poor bleach at the base of all his tree stands ,or just confront the guy and tell him that if the crap continues he will be eating through a straw.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Season can't come soon enough!! It doesn't help when it seems like so many guys are hunting already and I'm having to wait until October 1st. Creeping ever so closer. October 1st is less than a week away but I will probably have to wait until the next weekend to hunt. Good luck to everyone hunting already!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dstubb
Poisoning his salt licks is only punishing the wildlife. I would poor bleach at the base of all his tree stands ,or just confront the guy and tell him that if the crap continues he will be eating through a straw.

Yeah bleach around his stands would be funny... I would have lost it... But still put trail cams out to watch your stuff too...
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

It would be cool if everyone would post a pic of themselves so we can all put a face behind the names. You may have already, but i still wouldn't know because i haven't read through the whole thread yet.

This is a pic of me. And "no" i wasn't on a hunting show. This was a poster i designed for a contest through Martin.
Attached Thumbnails Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS-66629_1698126977297_6121357_n.jpg   Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS-me-doe.jpg  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thats a pretty cool poster. How did that turn out???
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 26drawny
Thats a pretty cool poster. How did that turn out???
It came down to me and some girl who is loved by all on Archerytalk. Of course she won and got a new bow from Martin. Most felt i should have one though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.