Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS

Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jermelott
Jermelott isn't doing worth a damn elk hunting!! I could have killed some giants if I were hunting with a gun, but a bow is a different story. Well... I have one more evening hunt to go, leaving out in about an hour. Wishing I didn't pass on that spike or cow earlier in the week. We shall see..... Later

Good luck man...
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Going out in the early AM to do some morw scouting... Check my site and make sure my lanes are clear one last time................ Can't wait...lol Wish I was sleeping alreay... I still have until Oct. 1st till the season is open and I am this excited....hahahaha It never goes away...
Old 09-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Typical Buck

Any of you guys get more than 1 tag? I see they're allowing doe in the contest.
So do people with 2 tags get to enter a buck and a doe or just one or the other? I don't think it would be fair for us who only get 1 tag.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Typical Buck

and did ZINK ever check in?
Old 09-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

I have a buck tag and a doe tag..... I am not sure if your allowed both in the contest and I haven't seen zink check in.... Plenty of tracks today.... no scrapes or rubs tho...
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

They are allowingone doe per person, 25pts.
I plan on taking a doe opening morning.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Spike

up here in WI weather is getting colder and deer are moving pretty good for late sept. seen lots of small bucks and one shooter so far. shooter alittle far out though, 80 yrds. lookn good so far. hammer em !
Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

No luck guys! Hindsight.... guess I shouldnt have passed on the smaller bulls early in the trip. But, I kept telling myself, you didnt drive 18 hours for a spike or cow, lets just wait and see what happens. Then on the last day, I didnt even see an elk. Oh well.... Season starts Oct. 1st for me. Yall please dont forget to get a picture with your whole deer, yourself, and your bow!! same goes for DOES, they are going to count for 25 points this year, so lets see um.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Any of you guys get more than 1 tag? I see they're allowing doe in the contest.
So do people with 2 tags get to enter a buck and a doe or just one or the other? I don't think it would be fair for us who only get 1 tag.
Here in Iowa you can get 1 statewide any sex tag and then unlimited antlerless tags. You have to select a county for your antlerless tag. There's a quota for each county and they are sold until there are none left. Some counties have zero antlerless tags available so you have to chose carefully. Also there's different seasons to chose from:

Archery
Early Muzzleloader
Shotgun I and II
Late Muzzleloader
January Antlerless

Here's my usual purchase list.

Archery:
1 - any sex (Statewide)
2 - antlerless (Harrison County)

Late Muzzleloader:
1 - any sex
2 - antlerless (Harrison County)

Don
Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

I checked my regs again and I just found out that we're allowed to use any tag(except for regular gun season buck) during bow season. So I could take 4 deer during bow, but I like to have doe tags for gun season. I also enjoy muzzleloading(late season) so I'll hold onto that.
Mine is,
1bow(either sex)
1regular(buck)
2 doe tags
1bow/muzzleloader(either sex) I might take a doe during bow if it's going slow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.