HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest-133/)
-   -   Team 8 Rubliners (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest/370051-team-8-rubliners.html)

bassman417 08-30-2012 01:23 PM

Team 8 Rubliners

Hey Team. I guess Ill start the check in. Looking forward to a great season/contest with you all.

Heres the list of our team..

Team 8
StealthHtr22
BigCountryHunter
Pope94/IA
frosty452
steve m
Bassman417
Vermont_hunter
AR Bowhunter
Camokenny
TheinesPines
buckfever8991

bassman417 08-30-2012 01:33 PM

My name is Jake. I recently moved from Iowa to Western Illinois. Left behind some good hunting ground but I have gotten permission for some here that looks amazing. No cams out so Im not sure whats out there but Im confident it holds some nice deer.

AR Bowhunter 08-30-2012 04:54 PM

AR Bowhunter checking in. Looking forward to hopes of a good season. I have about five weeks vacation built up. Have some decent deer on trail camera. One that look like it would score in the 150's or so.

Pope94/IA 08-30-2012 05:30 PM

Andrew checkin in.

Hunting the great ol state of Iowa. I got about 900+ acres to hunt prarie grass and timber. It holds some pretty nice deer!

bassman417 08-31-2012 01:08 PM

Welcome AR bowhunter and Andrew. Sounds like you two have some nice places to hunt, if the rest of our team is as fortunate we should have this in the bag. :)

steve m 09-01-2012 03:59 AM

Season closin in fast ,hope we'r all ready - good luck.

BigCountryHunter 09-01-2012 09:36 PM

Howdy Yall, Checking In ... Will be hunting Iowa like a mad man lmao.. Looks like we got a purdy good team so far.. We should put some big numbers up with all these Midwest bucks.. I been gettin a few good ones on cam lately. Cant wait for this heat to break..

BigCountryHunter 09-01-2012 10:39 PM

Any ideas for a team name ???

bassman417 09-02-2012 03:24 AM

welcome steve and bigcountry. No suggestions have been made for a team leader or a team name as of yet, feel free to chime in at any time with your opinions.
Im gonna try putting some cams out this weekend to see whats roaming around. I have some public ground close by my home that has a couple thousand acres, scouted it hard and found some good spots. I also have a couple hundred acres private that Im excited to check out, havent stepped foot on it yet but it looks prime and i dont want to push the landowner and have him second guess allowing me to hunt.

Vermont_hunter 09-02-2012 06:30 AM

Hey guys, im checking in. should be some good bucks running around on the farm i hunt in NJ this year. haven't been able to get out there and put a cam up yet though. I have one idea for the team name. silent assassins? i don't know just popped in my head

Frosty452 09-02-2012 05:26 PM

Frosty checking in looks like a promising season got a big bodied deer on the cam but I didn't get the money shot so I'm hoping its a buck. also saw a nice buck last season but already had my buck so maybe he's still around still

BigCountryHunter 09-02-2012 07:02 PM

Team Silent Penetration, Team String Stalker, Team Buck Reapers, Team BuckLovin (Think McLovin lol ), Team Treestand Ninjas, Team Go Buck Yourself, Team Get Bucked, Team String Jumper, Team Rubliners, Team Deer Nutz,

Lol Had alot more but mostly worse ones lmao.. This name thing is not easy ...

Vermont_hunter 09-02-2012 07:39 PM

great Name idea BCH

BigCountryHunter 09-02-2012 09:09 PM

Thanks VH... Didnt mean to dissappear early my computer locked up .. Dang technology only works half the time lol..

bassman417 09-03-2012 04:53 AM

Great ideas Bigcountry, I like Rubliners and Silent Assassins personally

bassman417 09-03-2012 05:32 AM

Team Widowmakers?.... Had a treestand named that years ago, 25' climb on the uphill side of tree to the stand but a 45-50' drop from the platform to the raveign below.

AR Bowhunter 09-03-2012 05:49 PM

I could go with Team Rubliners!

bassman417 09-04-2012 02:42 PM

So far Team Rubliners is the favorite. Who else likes the name?
Also any suggestions for a team captain? We still have some team members that havent checked in yet but its still early in the game.

BigCountryHunter 09-04-2012 04:41 PM

I can volunteer to be captain if nobody else wants to be or we can vote or what not... Team Rubliners was one of my favs of the ones I thought up..

bassman417 09-04-2012 05:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I been messing around with some ideas for avitars......here they areAttachment 22798

Attachment 22799

AR Bowhunter 09-04-2012 05:25 PM

The one on the right looks fine too me.

BigCountryHunter 09-04-2012 10:01 PM

Jake I been messin around with the same stuff today lol.. Yours are good. Here is some of the ones I was messing with. I have noticed on yours and mine its hard to get the font to show up good on alot of the pics. Whatcha think ??

Can modify these in anyway.. Forgot to add the 8 in the first 2..

BigCountryHunter 09-04-2012 11:01 PM

Just another idea maybe some would like a personalized one.. Something like this

BigCountryHunter 09-04-2012 11:25 PM

Going to check cams in the morning and move some around.. Hope i get something good.. The temps are suppose to cool way off the rest of this week so the deer should be moving alot better got some new spots I wanna try out that I found while scouting..

bassman417 09-05-2012 03:16 PM

Ya getting the fonts to show up was difficult, all colors want to blend with the pics. How did the cam check go, any good ones?

bassman417 09-05-2012 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This font shows up a little better

Attachment 22811

StealthHtr22 09-05-2012 04:17 PM

How's it going team? StealthHtr checking in here. Looking forward to our season opener on September 15th, and hopefully putting up some points for the team.

BigCountryHunter 09-05-2012 04:40 PM

Jake, cam checking went alright.. Ended up moving some to some new areas.. Got some average bucks nothing huge.. The movement has been purdy slow lately with all the heat but should pick way up the next couple of days... Cant wait for the season to get here already lol.. Got the fever purdy bad

I like that green font shows up good like you said..

U goin to scout any this weekend ? I might hit some new places I havent been to before yet and do some looking around

BigCountryHunter 09-05-2012 04:43 PM

StealthHtr, Its goin purdy good here.. How about over there ??? Sept 15 is a good early start to bad I gotta wait another 2 weeks past that lol.. Any good bucks in your area ?? I been to Indiana alittle bit.. Turkey hunted there a few times..

StealthHtr22 09-05-2012 04:53 PM

Going well BigCountry. Never been more prepared for a season. Spent a lot of time this summer scouting and prepping for the season. I only have one decent buck picked out, but the area I hunt has a lot of standing corn still. As they continue to pick it, hopefully some larger bucks will become visible.

I did just get permission a couple weeks ago to hunt a piece of property that has the potential to hold some giants. I need to get a camera out and do some scouting to know for sure.

BigCountryHunter 09-05-2012 04:57 PM

Sounds awesome.. Hope some bruisers show up for you.. Thats what I been waitin on is for the corn to come out.. Slowly but surely.. I seen a new scrape show up a few days ago but no rubs yet all the bucks I got on cam are still in velvet...

steve m 09-05-2012 05:07 PM

Rubliners is ok with me .the avatar is great I pick the quartering away shot

bassman417 09-05-2012 05:09 PM

Bigcountry havent done much scouting lately, going to get my stands from my old stomping grounds in Iowa this weekend and get them ready to put out here in Illinois in some areas I checked out over the summer. Getting married next weekend so scoutings on hold for now with all the planning. Its gonna come down to the wire for hanging stands and getting the bucks patterned in an area Ive never hunted but its a challenge Im ready for.

Stealthhtr nice to have you on the team, your seasons closing in fast. Hope to hear you have your eye out for a big one in particular like some of the other team.

bassman417 09-05-2012 05:13 PM

I think its safe to say Rubliners is the name. Any avatar is ok with me. So far Bigcountry has stepped up to be captain which is ok with me so he gets my vote.

BigCountryHunter 09-05-2012 05:17 PM

Congrats on the Marriage.. Im hunting alot of new places Ive never hunted on also so I know about that challenge for sure... I have scouted a few of em a ton and a few others alittle bit.. I got permission on a place 2 weeks ago and havent stepped foot on it yet been scoutin other places so much..

Vermont_hunter 09-06-2012 11:26 AM

I like the name. NJ early bow season starts Saturday but unfortunately I won’t be able to head out to the farm I hunt out there for atleast another week maybe two. Still need to get my cam and stand out

AR Bowhunter 09-06-2012 03:42 PM

Captain BigCountry sounds good to me.

BigCountryHunter 09-06-2012 08:42 PM

Team 8 - Checked In List
StealthHtr22 - Indiana
BigCountryHunter - Iowa
Pope94/IA - Iowa
frosty452 - Ohio
steve m - Canada
Bassman417 - Illinois
Vermont_hunter - Vermont
AR Bowhunter - Arkansas

Hasn't Checked In
Camokenny
TheinesPines
buckfever8991

3 more to go ...

StealthHtr22 09-07-2012 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by bassman417 (Post 3972118)
Stealthhtr nice to have you on the team, your seasons closing in fast. Hope to hear you have your eye out for a big one in particular like some of the other team.

Thanks. Bassman...yep, a week from tomorrow. My new gear just came in yesterday, so I'm pumped to get the season going. I actually took off work the Monday after the season opener, so I had an additional day to hunt the opening weekend. I've always believed the best chances to kill a big buck is the first week or two of the season, or late October/Early November (which is a given).

In one area, I do have a buck on camera that appears to be over 125, but the picture I have isn't that great, so we'll see. I was really hoping to capture something a little bigger, like 140+, but it's still early with a lot of corn still to pick in two of my three areas. Again, I have one area that I have high hopes for that I just received permission to. I haven't had a camera anywhere at the area, so looking forward to hunting it.

Pope94/IA 09-07-2012 07:30 PM

Hey guys sorry its been awhile. I was on a week long fourwheeling trip to minnesota. Usually we'd be bear hunting that trip but we didn't get picked in the lottery this year. We are gaurenteed too next year said a DNR officer up there.

Anyway, team name I couldn't care less. Rubliner sounds fine if you guys like it.

I've been seeing a bunch of big boys out on the farm. Nothing big on camera yet but I see alot driving around right before dark.
For you Iowa folk, I know some fields are already starting to come out!! Its gonna be a stange year this year.

If any of you guys are interested in checking out my actual hunting team. We got a forum on there too if you guys wanted to join. www.iowabuckmen.com