Community

Team 8 Rubliners

Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds awesome.. Hope some bruisers show up for you.. Thats what I been waitin on is for the corn to come out.. Slowly but surely.. I seen a new scrape show up a few days ago but no rubs yet all the bucks I got on cam are still in velvet...
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Rubliners is ok with me .the avatar is great I pick the quartering away shot
Old 09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Bigcountry havent done much scouting lately, going to get my stands from my old stomping grounds in Iowa this weekend and get them ready to put out here in Illinois in some areas I checked out over the summer. Getting married next weekend so scoutings on hold for now with all the planning. Its gonna come down to the wire for hanging stands and getting the bucks patterned in an area Ive never hunted but its a challenge Im ready for.

Stealthhtr nice to have you on the team, your seasons closing in fast. Hope to hear you have your eye out for a big one in particular like some of the other team.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

I think its safe to say Rubliners is the name. Any avatar is ok with me. So far Bigcountry has stepped up to be captain which is ok with me so he gets my vote.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the Marriage.. Im hunting alot of new places Ive never hunted on also so I know about that challenge for sure... I have scouted a few of em a ton and a few others alittle bit.. I got permission on a place 2 weeks ago and havent stepped foot on it yet been scoutin other places so much..
Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

I like the name. NJ early bow season starts Saturday but unfortunately I won’t be able to head out to the farm I hunt out there for atleast another week maybe two. Still need to get my cam and stand out
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Captain BigCountry sounds good to me.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Team 8 - Checked In List
StealthHtr22 - Indiana
BigCountryHunter - Iowa
Pope94/IA - Iowa
frosty452 - Ohio
steve m - Canada
Bassman417 - Illinois
Vermont_hunter - Vermont
AR Bowhunter - Arkansas

Hasn't Checked In
Camokenny
TheinesPines
buckfever8991

3 more to go ...
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bassman417
Stealthhtr nice to have you on the team, your seasons closing in fast. Hope to hear you have your eye out for a big one in particular like some of the other team.
Thanks. Bassman...yep, a week from tomorrow. My new gear just came in yesterday, so I'm pumped to get the season going. I actually took off work the Monday after the season opener, so I had an additional day to hunt the opening weekend. I've always believed the best chances to kill a big buck is the first week or two of the season, or late October/Early November (which is a given).

In one area, I do have a buck on camera that appears to be over 125, but the picture I have isn't that great, so we'll see. I was really hoping to capture something a little bigger, like 140+, but it's still early with a lot of corn still to pick in two of my three areas. Again, I have one area that I have high hopes for that I just received permission to. I haven't had a camera anywhere at the area, so looking forward to hunting it.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys sorry its been awhile. I was on a week long fourwheeling trip to minnesota. Usually we'd be bear hunting that trip but we didn't get picked in the lottery this year. We are gaurenteed too next year said a DNR officer up there.

Anyway, team name I couldn't care less. Rubliner sounds fine if you guys like it.

I've been seeing a bunch of big boys out on the farm. Nothing big on camera yet but I see alot driving around right before dark.
For you Iowa folk, I know some fields are already starting to come out!! Its gonna be a stange year this year.

If any of you guys are interested in checking out my actual hunting team. We got a forum on there too if you guys wanted to join. www.iowabuckmen.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.