Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 >

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Community

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Dang, I've been skunked the last 3 outings. I've only seen a few turkey and a bobcat this past week. Should be out again on Saturday.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like a doe would do it, wish I could help. Good luck to those left slinging arrows. I'll be hunting with the late shotgun for our 2 days season that starts tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck with the shotgun Whacker.
I'll be heading out this evening to do a Saturday morning and evening hunt. My days are limited! The latest trail cam photo's of this buck I'm after is showing a couple of broken tines - but he's still a shooter if I am lucky enought to meet up with him.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys. Well, I didn't even see a legal buck this past weekend. Three young bucks passed by around 8:00 in the morning and then around 10:30 I had a deer slowly come in behind me. It looked like a doe so I texted the guy I was hunting with and asked him if he needed any meat for the freezer. Then I texted another friend and he quickly replied that he would be thrilled for some meat. He has had some serious back and heart problems lately and hasn't been able to hunt much. I had my video camera in hand so I filmed the deer for a little while. I didn't have a clear shot so filming was the next best thing. Eventually it started to move to the clearing so I hung my camera from a hook and grabbed my bow and put an excellent shot on it. I was shocked to see that the arrow didn't pass through as the deer ran away. I gathered my gear and let my hunting buddies know about my shot. Fortunately, there was enough snow on the ground that made the tracking easier. Turns out the deer went about 470 yards before finally collapsing. I found my broken off arrow about 400 yards into the trail. The doe was actually a buck that had already shed it's antlers (I have read about a Northern Missouri buck that lost it's rack in mid December). I'm suspecting it was a spike that I've seen on my trail camera. My arrow had ripped through a rib, deflected upwards and was entirely embedded into the lower half of the spin about 2 inches above the heart. That was wild! Had there not been patches of snow on the ground it would have taken a very long time to find it. Even with the snow, it was not an easy track.
I have one more weekend and then my season is done. I know we have at least 2 shooter bucks out there but for the life of me I have no idea where they are hiding out.
Attached Thumbnails **Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3-clays-deer-003.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Doe!!