Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 >

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Community

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

With all but one archery tag (would have to drive a ways to hunt) filled I'm pretty much winding down and spending more time with the family... Starting to do some research and put some time\thoughts into how I want next year to play out - what I'm going to apply for. I've never leased ground before but with the popularity of archery hunting lately, there is getting to be lots of pressure in the area's I've traditionally hunted in the past and I've got my eye on a property - weighing the thought of inquiring about leasing it... Hard to write a check for hunting when you haven't had to in the past though :-)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you about leasing SDH. Did you get all your deer scored in the contest? Anyone else out chasing deer?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zubba
I hear you about leasing SDH. Did you get all your deer scored in the contest? Anyone else out chasing deer?
Yep, everything has been entered...

Had a guy from work stop by my office and ask me if I wanted to head out west (where I have my tag) and go hunting :-) He has a buck muzzle loader tag (which takes like 4-5 years to draw here) and was thinking about heading out... Very tempting.... :-)
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the team that is currently in 2nd shot a really nice buck this morning - so looks like we're behind - though not by much (should only need around 75-80 pts)...

Good luck to everyone hunting and just a reminder - does count this year, so if you have smoked a doe, make sure to get it entered!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter
Looks like the team that is currently in 2nd shot a really nice buck this morning - so looks like we're behind - though not by much (should only need around 75-80 pts)...

Good luck to everyone hunting and just a reminder - does count this year, so if you have smoked a doe, make sure to get it entered!
Look at the bright side though, at least it was a south dakota buck that took the lead.

All competition aside, i still wish you guys the best of luck, every bowhunter deserves a nice one.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
Look at the bright side though, at least it was a south dakota buck that took the lead.

All competition aside, i still wish you guys the best of luck, every bowhunter deserves a nice one.
Congrats on the buck sdhunter11, very nice looking animal!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

anyone still hunting with a bow? Remember....does count so if you whack one let us know!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, I will EVENTUALLY get back out there with my sticks. I'm currently planning to do some hunting this Sunday. The plan is to do a morning and evening hunt then in between the hunts check trail cameras and hang a couple of stands that I took down that I needed when I was hunting at a different location. Temps will be falling into the 30's that day so I'm hopeful that they will be moving.
LET'S TAKE THE LEAD BACK AGAIN TEAM!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I’ll go out after a doe if needed, but I rather have someone whack some horns so I don’t have to.
Anyway, the .44 Mag. had some action a couple weeks ago.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice hang gun kill there Bob! Looks like you made a great shot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.