Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 >

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Yesterday was crazy. I saw three nice deer. I was gonna shoot one but his doe kept screwing it up. I'm in a stand right now. I'm on a different place. Not much happening here. Kinda surprising really. If t doesn't pick up I'm moving at 11. Ill keep you posted
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Birddog, you would think those deer would be on the move today. Bright, sunny, and COLD! Go figure...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

That was my thought but hell no. Nothing but little babies. Got my second doe cleaned up and hanging. Waiting on the clothes to dry and then I'm back after. I'm gonna upload some videos tonight that I shot yesterday. I had a nice deer pretty close to me and his doe was jamming me bad. You'll see.

My wife sat on another spot and saw the same action. Does and little guys. Might be lock down but I wouldn't think this early. Who knows. I'm after em until Thanksgiving. I will put one down for us.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a nice little 4x4 come by this AM. I was frozeso jumped down and grabbing some lunch and going to warm up a bit. Will hit it the afternoon.. .
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Wacker, Nice job.
This guy was roaming 25 yds. from a empty stand last week.
I’ll be sporting some orange attire come Fri. morning. My quest is to connect with my .44 mag wheelgun.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 AM
Fork Horn

Nice deer whacker.the pace finally picked up here some
seen 6 different bucks the last two sits.just need them
to get into range.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Well today was pretty slow. I did see a couple young deer that will be nice in the future but nothing that got me excited. The bigguns have went into hiding on me. I thought they were locked down but I'm seeing all of my does and they are being harrassed by young bucks but nothing big. Tonight I sat and watched a young 8 pointer walk around this bean field like he was the king of the world. I just knew with all the does in there that big daddy would come by to jerk a knot in his ass but it didn't happen. Strange rut so far. I'm after them again in the morning. Hopefully the bigguns will be stirrin.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 5 little bucks cruising today... Setup off of the biggest rubs I've ever seen in my area... Few minutes after sunset, there was the loudest buck 'fight' I've ever heard - man I would have loved to seen both those bucks - they both must have been bruisers. One more day of vacation to go hunting, then I'll be relegated to the weekends...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

We'll I just shot a buck. Not big but it is the last day of my vacation time for deer hunting. Was not happy with the hit but I can see my arrow covered in blood from the stand and he only went about 60 yds into a small gully and I don't hear anything. So nice out though, I'm just going to enjoy the nice day for an hour or two before getting down. More later...
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go SD. I was informed by a friend last night that I miscored my entry. I should have 4 H's even for the one side. It says how to do it on the scorecard. It is at work so I'll adjust it tomorrow. Prob 3-4 more inches but hey they all count. I passed to small bucks this morning and Had a real nice 10 that I never got a shot at because of a darn spike. instead of contnuing his path that would of brought him by at 32 yards he ran by me at 20 chasing the spike away and never worked closer than 65 after that. Good luck to everyone still hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.