Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 >

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Community

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BetterBirddogs
I hope you all are having the kind of morning I am! Little bucks chasing does everywhere. This is cool. I shot a nice doe an hour ago and she's only laying 35 yards from me but I can't get down yet. Covered up by deer still. No shooters yet. Did see a nice tall 8. He'll be nice in a couple years. Ill get my doe pic up pretty quick.

WooHoo! Another Doe! Get that baby posted!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

First buck on the board, took a nine pointer with a kicker this morning. Nothing huge low 120's I'm thinking.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday morning was a pretty good morning for deer movement. Saw a pile of doe and a 120" 7 pointer make a scrape 12 yards in front of me while grunting his head off. Calendar turns November 1st this week, it is go time. I got a lot of time in the timber coming up. Will be back out there thursday-Monday. good luck everyone.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

That's what I like to hear Bob! If everyone on the team shoots a 120 we will run away with this thing. Here's my doe.

Funny story on this doe. I shoot her at about 12 yards and she is really quartering to me bad. I center punch this doe and she hops off about 20 yards and just stands there. She is pouring blood out of the exit hole. She then casually walks off into the creek behind me. I had so many deer moving around me yesterday morning that I had to sit on stand until is calmed down around 1130. I get down and take the trail up. It goes about 30 yards in towards the creek and then nothing. I call up the wife and tell her to bring my jack russells down I'm gonna let them try to find this deer. She shows up and I put them on the trail. (they're 12 months old and never tracked before) my female (pictured) tracks right into the woods where I lost the blood. She heads down across the creek and picks it up again and tracks about 15 more yards up the slope to my deer piled up under an evergreen. The deer didn't go 40 yards but it was thick. I hope to build on this with the jacks.

Here she is.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Ok guys I sat tonight again and man it was on again. I was on another place about 2 miles straight south of where I sat Saturday morning. I get setup at about 330. At 350 here comes the do train. Little bucks chasing everywhere. It was fun. At about 630 I look back behind me and I see two big deer stepping about. They're about 150 yards from me but I have a doe right below me. Next thing I know here they come. Two 10's and the second deer is a nice deer. Both look young to me. I have them both at 35 yards and I passed on them. I have the taller deer on a cam from the 22nd. Tell me what you think. I may have made a mistake but he looks like a 3 year old.

I'm after something really nice. Here is another deer on the same camera. He looks to be a 4 year old deer and I would probably think long and hard about shooting this deer if he walked by. What do you think?

I'm getting pretty damn picky all the sudden but I will not kill an immature deer and I would rather not shoot one at all then make a mistake. It's amazing at how similar these two deer look. It's going to be a good season. I was down with my stuff getting stolen but man things are looking up. I was surprised to see two nice deer still together. I thought it might be an early rut this year but after seeing them together tonight I think it will be right on time. I'm off halloween and I will be after them again. Get some pics up Bob!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah! Great reports guys. Glad we will have a buck on the boards soon. Looking forward to some pics of that guy. Hey Birddog, sweet meat for the table there. You just go ahead and shoot whatever you like. I think you will know it when you see it, right?
I did my Saturday evening and Sunday morning hunt and saw a fair amount of activity. Saw a stout 8 pointer (probably 120 at most) chasing doe Sunday morning and saw him Saturday just out on a stroll. Several forks and spikes. With all the activity I never had a doe pass through a shooting lane (For this managed hunt I have to shoot a doe before I shoot a buck). My stand that I put up at the last minute when I was scouting has very few shooting lanes so next time I'm out there I will do a little pruning. Will be out there Tuesday morning to give it another try.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Here are some pics, I'll get the tape on it tonight. Check out the funky G3. I shot at first light yesterday 28 yds he was alone., No doe, I passed on some very small yearlings. I had a doe at 28 yds a hour after I stuck the buck, I was ready to draw, then I heard grunts so I waited to see and here comes a nice 3 year old 135 class 8 point. I did not have another buck tag.....less than 5 minutes later comes a 6 point and a 135 class 10 point on the same trail. Awesome morning.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Funky G3 indeed! He must have had some sort of wierd collision with a tree. Another very nice buck from Bucktail Bob. Congratulations.
I want a shed and a hoist like yours!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

That is weird on that G3. Nice buck indeed. That gets us off and rolling for sure. I'm off Halloween and plan to get up close and personal with one. I saw a nice mature deer on the way to work this morning. They are on the move here in SE KS.

I had the same thing happen two year ago. I shot a nice 140 class 8 that was with a doe and then just when I was about to get down here comes a 160 class 11. I just watched him walk by at 20 yards and go and take that dead bucks doe. Pretty neat.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck bob! soon as this hurricane passes i'll be hunting hard till thanksgiving. I killed a bb last week with the smokepole so i have a bonus buck tag. I hunt all public land and I'm going to arrow the first buck over 110". I'll hold off and wait for a pig for the second tag. Im thinking wednesday afternoon will be intense after the winds and rains of sandy. Good luck to everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.