HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest-133/)
-   -   **Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-2013-bowhunting-contest/370050-returning-champs-buck-u-team-3-a.html)

zubba 09-04-2012 08:35 AM

Welcome back Wacker. Sounds like a a good trip west.

Jenna, any luck during the Kentucky opener?

SouthDakotaHunter 09-04-2012 10:41 AM

Sounds like you had a great trip Whacker!! In my humble opinion, spot and stalk antelope hunting is as tough as it gets! The eye sight those guys have is just amazing!

I also made a trip out west chasing goats two weeks ago. Was able to close the deal on one in WY. Area I was in isn't known for trophy goats so I was more than happy to take the 1st respectable goat I had within range...

KYDeerHunter03 09-04-2012 02:12 PM

Congrats on the goat! No luck for me this weekend...had a doe within range but her fawn kept getting in the way for a good shot. She is a regular so I am hoping to tag her tomorrow :)

TheEasternFly 09-04-2012 04:30 PM

Hey guys! Checking in. Been busy the last few weeks because the wife and I had our first baby! That has kind of settled down and now I can start looking toward deer season.

zubba 09-04-2012 05:04 PM

Congrats EasternFly. That's cool. There are a lot of fun. Definately a change in priorities, but still a lot of fun. And good timing to get it in before deer season.

whacker 09-04-2012 06:49 PM

Congrats south Dakota on the goat. I'm jealous. Congrats on the new baby also eastern

KCMO Cityboy 09-04-2012 07:54 PM

Hey Eastern, congrats to you and your wife. What kind of baby was it? a boy? girl? goldfish? I'm sure Kurt can give you tons of advice if you need it.
Wacker, that sounds like a real exciting trip. Glad you were caught up in them most of the time. I know I've had my fair share of tag soup. Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like an extremely challenging environment.
Great looking goat, Dakota. Again, just like Wacker, doesn't look like you had much cover to work with. Nice job! Good luck in NM. They have some giants out there.
Bucktail, give us a report from your sunflower field. I hope it's looking pretty good.
Hey, did anyone get a new bow or anything to 'supplement' the season? I'm not changing a thing except I'm looking to upgrade some of my video gear. Looking to get a better tree arm, fluid head, and mic. I just need to pull the trigger. That's hard to do sometimes.

TheEasternFly 09-05-2012 04:27 AM

Thanks Guys. We had a little girl. Brooklyn McKenna Smith.

zubba 09-05-2012 05:47 AM

Hey, did anyone get a new bow or anything to 'supplement' the season?
I've got a terrible habbit of buying bows. Let's see. In January I sold my Bowtech Invasion and bought a Bowtech Insanity CPXL that I set up for targets and a Bowtech Admiral for hunting. After not liking the CPXL, I sold that and bought another invasion. After turkey season, I sold my Admiral and bought a Obsession Lethal Force. The Lethal Force is a super sweet bow & I found myself only shooting that and not shooting my Invasion, so I sold the 2nd invasion. So yeah, I'm junkie. But it will take a lot for me to get rid of my Lethal Force. It is fast, forgiving, dead in hands, zero shock, balances well, and is a shooter. Obsession is a young company, but they contract their engineering work to Kevin Strothers. There are mixed reviews on Kevin Strothers, I don't read into them too much, because one thing that can't be denied is they guy can design sweet bows. Just look at what he did with Bowtech, Elite, and Strothers. Other than that, not too much else new this year.

BetterBirddogs 09-05-2012 07:49 AM

We need to change our name to returning champs on the title of our team thread.