Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 - 2013 Bowhunting Contest
**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3 >

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

**Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3

Old 11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm hungry - on the backside of an all day sit... Front moving in tonight so keeping my fingers crossed that they will be on their feet tonight...
Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope the upcoming cool temps bring some buck by you guys. I've been wanting to get out with the video camera this past week, but instead I've been logging a lot of hours painting and caulking at the new house. Would be nice to get two tags in Iowa. Oh well. Good luck every one.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone, I killed a buck yesterday. I ended up being the same deer I missed 2 fridays ago. It had an odd rack, no brow time and only a g 2 on the right and a g1,2,3 on the left. So it only ended up being a 6 pt. It was a nice heavy deer and we aged him at 3 1/2. I am color blind and have major issues following blood. I hit him the liver and he went about 500-600 yards and across a cut corn field. He ended up dying down a 12 foot cliff on a sand beach in the water. he didn't make it easy. Luckily I had two friends I work with help, one of them is on another team for this contest and we were able to find him. He won't score great but he's a nice public land deer for here.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Here he is
Attached Thumbnails **Returning Champs** BUCK U- Team 3-098.jpg  
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome. I just came in out of the rain to switch out clothes and get something to eat. Looks like the rain has stopped. I'm drying my base layer stuff and then I'm back out the door. Saw a really nice deer with a doe this morning. Lots of little bucks chasing. The big ones might be with does. I hope not.

Nice buck.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

NICE DEER!!! Lets Go Guys!!! They are gunning for us, but we can hold em off!!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats whacker. Any public land buck is a good buck. Very nice.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice Whacker!! Great looking buck!

Wow - what a rough sit today... Temp in the teens, wind gusting up to 35 - I felt like a block of ice when I got back to my truck... Wind is suppose to not be quite as brutal tomorrow - we'll see.... I think I'm going to see if I can find my pac boots - hard to climb into the stand with them on, but they keep my toes a lot warmer than my rubber boots... Good luck everyone!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Spike

i'm stoked for the hunting season this year they moved are opener up to oct
Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Whacker - congratulations on your buck. I guess that guy had no idea who he was dealing with and made the mistake of coming back. That's another score for Team Buck U!
Well my weekend was only one short hunt on a cold, rainy Sunday morning and had nothing but wet 'everthing' to show for it. Couldn't have picked a worse time to go out but I needed to retrieve a couple of tree stands and no other time really fit into my schedule. Hopefully I'll get to go out this coming weekend.
Keep up the good work guys. The points are rolling in now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.