Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

I know, i think they are original with the house lol, my basement looks like a 70's disco room , but i just bought a new pickup last week so the whole updating the house thing is going to have to wait.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Idk if anyone is hunting Ohio or not but this year has been bad for me. my trailcams are showing deer but it is all night time. i havent hunted in over a week and i still am only getting a few daylight pics of some does.... This has been by far the worst year of hunting i have ever seen. During gun season, we killed 4 coyotes and 1 doe????? and only seen 6 deer, and we drive the crap out of our neighbors farms and ours.... something is wrong and i hope the DNR looks into it.
So i hope i can at least put a doe down for us and my freezer.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Whats up fellas, sorry Ive been absent here lately, Ive been hunting hard here in Illinois. Im still on the hunt for one of our hit list bucks. Im not gonna quit till one of them have my arrow pass thru them. Ill get on soon to update the thread & let you folks know whats going on here in Illinois. Yall be good & happy hunting.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

good luck jason, hopefully you can get one of those illinois monsters on a scorecard!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Any new word from nebraska or illinois? I have one more doe tag to fill with a rifle. Season opens up again at the end of the month. I cant decide which rifle to take though. My Hawken style .54 muzzleloader or my 7mm with the new hot reloads i have worked up for it? Which one would you guys pick?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

Howdy fellas! Ive updated the thread & re-calculated the scores.
We're leading the contest with 735 2/8 points, with Team Buck-U trailing us in 2nd with 657 7/8 & Team 8 trailing them in 3rd with 557 6/8 points. Team 1 is in 4th place with 544 6/8 points & Team 6 in 5th with 504 4/8.

With the primary rut over & deer moving into their winter patterns, the number of entries will likely slow down. But the caliber of deer may be just as good. Any good entry can change everything, so if youd like to keep this lead & win this years contest I suggest you get your asses out there & kill some more deer.

Ive been hunting like crazy in hopes of scoring a world class buck. Through the rut I passed on so many smaller bucks that Im kicking myself for not arrowing one already. But Im going to hold out till I arrow my 150+. I still have 5 1/2 weeks of bow season to hunt here & after scheduling everything just right, Ill get another good 20 days afield, so Im not going to panic yet. Instead, Im going to utilize my game cams to pick up on their winter feeding patterns & set up an ambush. If it doesnt work out, Ill end up taking one of the smaller bucks on the property, but Im not giving up just yet.

I hope everyone is having or has had a great season. This has been an interesting contest with a great team & Id like to see us win this thing so we can do it again next year. So Jesse, get your ass out there & put a doe down.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

I hope you get him jason!! A 150+ whitetail for me would be a far away dream, theres not even many rifle hunters around here that have taken one over 150. But, from what i hear, anything is possible in illinois.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

hey yall i as well am sorry for the absence, gonna hit it hard in the am..
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
I hope you get him Jason!! A 150+ whitetail for me would be a far away dream, theres not even many rifle hunters around here that have taken one over 150. But, from what i hear, anything is possible in Illinois.
I live here in Mason county & our county is ranked 3rd in Illinois for world class buck harvests. Head hunting & management is taken pretty seriously around here. Though I'm actually new to the area here & new to hunting world class deer, I'm learning from some folks who've got the wall hangers to prove that they know what they're doing, so I'm taking it all pretty serious. I mentioned a while back that I received a couple of older trail cams, but I had to buy a better cam because as some of you said, they're addictive, well I agree, they are. So I bought a Moultrie I-35 & just got it hung. Now with 3 cams up & running I'm hoping Ill be able to zero in on our 2 monsters & maybe get some more insight into the deer on our property. Its definitely up'd my game some.

Thanks for the encouragement Marty, its appreciated. And its just a matter of time before I arrow a patriarch.

Originally Posted by Arkansasmountainman
hey yall i as well am sorry for the absence, gonna hit it hard in the am..
Good luck to ya Afton, hope ya score a giant. Keep us posted.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I'm headed to Ohio tomorrow morning. I'm going to check the trailcams and get an evening bowhunt in. Gun season comes back in on Saturday & Sunday. I'm hoping I can put one down this trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.