View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good buck. Tell your dad congrats!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Greetings! Ok, back in good ole Wisconsin. Started off the 5 day rut hunt this afternoon actually. Got settled in after lunch and almost immediately had action. Heard a deer just a blowing out across the creeek and picked cornfield. Major ruckus goin on in the corn field on the neighbors property across the road maybe 500 yds away. All of a sudden something starts blowing on the ridge above my stand and crashing around. Never came down. Broke out the binocs and watch 2 bruisers go at it for 15 mins. Another buck came in to watch as well. All of this was right off that road in the woodline. Does were running circles in the trees, kind of chaotic to say the least. Well the bad news is the neighbor came in on the 4-wheeler to move the beef cattle down to the east end of the picked cornfield. Upon that happening, 4-6 deer busted loose up above me maybe some 60 yds away and up to the ridge top they went. So much for the afternoon hunt. Good news is cattle are moved way out of the way and I have through Friday to close the deal. Cool again tonight with rain/snow ending early in the morning. Hoping that 2 hrs after the storm blows through gets the deer moving again. Time will tell.... looking forward to a solid day sit tomorrow, planning on hitting it at 10 am or so....
Old 11-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Scott, that is an awesome buck your pops took.

Jesse, good luck to ya out there. Stay warm.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, some good news & bad news. The bad news first, Team Buck U, the Defending Champs have entered their second buck of the season & have taken the lead with a score of 361 6/8. Theyre also reporting a third buck, but its yet to be entered. The good news, theyre only 8 points ahead of us for the time being & the rut is just heating up.

Those that havent taken a doe yet, its imperative that you harvest a doe before seasons end. It could make all the difference in our final score. As for the rest of us, the rut is coming on strong, so get your gear & head to the deer woods. Good luck yall!

Last edited by On_Point; 11-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Yes Boys! You heard him right! Buck U is on a roll!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy
Yes Boys! You heard him right! Buck U is on a roll!
Yea, yea...we aint scurred Clay. You might ought to enjoy being the champs for now, cause it aint gonna last buddy.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
Scott, that is an awesome buck your pops took.

Jesse, good luck to ya out there. Stay warm.
Stayed warm but didnt get dry... rain moved out late and sun never came out. Fog rolled in and that was that..... No one saw anything tonight. Good news is there is always tomorrow. Sun late morning so we will try it again. Just no movement in the drizzle and fog, go figure....
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jemrami9
Stayed warm but didnt get dry... rain moved out late and sun never came out. Fog rolled in and that was that..... No one saw anything tonight. Good news is there is always tomorrow. Sun late morning so we will try it again. Just no movement in the drizzle and fog, go figure....
Same here Jesse. Spent the day in the rain but I saw plenty of deer. Didnt see either of our monsters but its just getting going here. Theyll slip up. I did pass on a frothing psycho rutting young 8 running the woods looking for a victim to destroy. He kept running the trail in front of my stand begging me to shoot him. lol Maybe next year.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, Dad is pretty proud of it. We are leaving tomorrow evening to head back out to Ohio. I will be in stand Friday morning. We have some trail cam pics of a 9 point that's on my hit list. He's a 130+ buck. I have to get it done this weekend. I usually don't take a doe until after I take a buck. I will make sure I get one before season is over. Good Luck this weekend guys. The rut should be in full swing.
Scott
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys Great to see we are doing well on the score sheet I hit a Doe about a week ago and clipped a limb and hit in front of her shoulder. Never found her, Since then we had the dang hurricane and didn't see hardly any deer during that. This week i went out and had some bucks moving and had 3 does come in but they had buck fawns with them so i passed on them. But i'm going to try and put a doe on the board asap. and also i'm seeing a Great buck on camera. Prob, in the 180" range so i hope i can close the deal on that pig..
Well keep up the good work and Congrats to the guys who have got there kills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.