Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Greetings friends! Just getting caught up from the weekend here. Didnt make it out sunday. Did go shoot however. All ready to go. Got the 8 year old shooting a bow for the first time. He loved it. The seed is planted for sure. Taking leave Thursday and Friday. Hitting the woods thursday. Updates to follow!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Jesse.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:01 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Montecs for early season when there is still a lot of leaves on the trees. They seem to be a little more forgiving if you nick a twig or golden rod stem. I switch to the Rages once the leaves are off the trees because they do fly better and make a BIG azz hole!

-Come on Monday!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 AM
Typical Buck

Yea im gonna be giving the rages a go this year all my buddies shoot them but ive always stuck with my thunderhead 100's. I think ill jsut try the standard 3-blade rage. The titanium ones are 70 bucks for 3 thats ridiculous idk about you but i dont need titanium for busting hearts and lungs!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=dmax4me;3981912]Went to Ohio this weekend and hung a couple of stands and a trail cam. I found out that there seems to be more hunters hunting this property than we originally thought. I can't complain though, it's a place to hunt with good potential.
We didn't get the 207 acres in Muskingum County at the auction we were trying to buy. I guess 2nd place counts for something.
Congrats to the doe kills guys.
Saturday is our 1st

Where you hunting in Harrison. Thats where i live, i Hunt there and Jefferson. I can't wait for Saturday i've been out all week watching my plots from a distance! now i can't wait to get in the stand.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Bad news: lost my hunting lease because a couple goose hunters (in the lease with me) left ruts in the farmers field with their pickup when picking up decoys.
Good news: got an invite to hunt some new land with a friend. It holds bicg bucks as it borders a nature preserve.

Soso news. Ny passed a youth only gun weekend hunt for columbus day weekend. Think i'll stay out of woods that weekend. Glad they are encouraging youth participation though.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

Glad ya found a back up property to hunt. Here in Il bowhunters can still hunt during youth season, so I usually take my bow with us. My 11 yr old is psyched, he's convinced he gonna bring home a B&C.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
Glad ya found a back up property to hunt. Here in Il bowhunters can still hunt during youth season, so I usually take my bow with us. My 11 yr old is psyched, he's convinced he gonna bring home a B&C.
...nothing wrong with confidence! I hunt areas that get a lot of pressure so I get a little nervous walking in the woods when I know there could be anxious youngsters with guns!
i'm all for them getting out there though!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

went this morning, seen 19 turkeys but no deer, it was a blast anyway!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Bad news: lost my hunting lease because a couple goose hunters (in the lease with me) left ruts in the farmers field with their pickup when picking up decoys.
Good news: got an invite to hunt some new land with a friend. It holds bicg bucks as it borders a nature preserve.

Soso news. Ny passed a youth only gun weekend hunt for columbus day weekend. Think i'll stay out of woods that weekend. Glad they are encouraging youth participation though.
I've always liked hunting near public land. Ya get the pressured deer coming into the private land hoping to get some peace & quiet. Makes for a good ambush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.