View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find those antlers and you have your world class buck. Not a big deal to find another cape and still get them mounted afterwards.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that your buck didnt pan out as you had hoped, bummer!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up guys? Hows everyones holiday season goin?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Holiday season is going great, my dad and mom are on their way up here for the weekend. Him and i plan on doing some pheasant hunting plus he still has a archery tag and i have a rifle doe tag so we will probably fill those as well, but after seeing 9 coyotes today while pheasant hunting by myself i might have to do some calling on the other side of the property while he is on the stand
Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Family time is good! Make the best of it just cause you never know what tomorrow will bring. Good luck on getting those pheasants. I think they are on the endangered species list here in Nebraska. I faired out alright in the gift department. Wife got me a rifle rest/lead sled and enough gift cards to add another camera or 2 to my arsenal. I love my trail cams
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Know what ya mean about not knowing what tomorrow will bring. The wife finally filed for divorce last Friday and my grandpa passed last Saturday. On the bright side life can only look up from here. Time to hold the kids a little tighter and start chasing my dreams. Number one on the list find some place to get a mule deer. Anyone have any ideas. Would have to be a diy hunt, can't afford outfitter lol.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geez kelly, sorry to hear about your run of bad luck! Keep your head up though. You still have us to vent to lol. How far are you willing to travel for the mule deer? I know quite a few people that head out towards the panhandle of nebraska on public land. I know the Pine Ridge area is known for them also.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

I figure I can save up some vacation days and take a week off to try my luck. Nebraska isn't too bad just don't want to travel too far and not see anything lol. Getting one would just be a bonus
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Well, good news fellas. I took a little 97" buck this morning. Easy shot, easy recovery & a great experience.

I got out 30 minutes before first light this morning. I ended up taking a little cat nap in the summit just after getting settled in & woke up to this guy browsing directly underneath me about 7:20am. I waited for him to turn broadside to me & I took the 5 yard shot. It was high in his back due to the angle of the shot & it was also a bit far back but it did pass thru clipping both lungs. He didnt run far before piling up, about 50-60 yards. Though he's not the buck I had wanted, he's meat in the freezer & points on the board. Ive passed on this buck several times this year in hopes of a bigger deer. Ive even been face to face with him while walking out to the truck mid-day. Each time thinking that he'll grow into one fine mature buck, but Ive yet to have a buck at 5 yards this season, nor have I ever had a buck wake me up from a nap. Today just wasnt his day & if I wasnt this far into the season, I might have let him still walk, but after last weekends incident, I let him have it.
Also bringing our combined score to 832 5/8, & 150 points ahead of 2nd place.

Last edited by On_Point; 12-29-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job! That gives the team a little more breathing room. Now get back out there and find those antlers LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.