Team 4 Buck Dynasty

Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Any luck this weekend anyone?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

My name is J.D. And I am an aircraft electrician in Oklahoma City.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all, Name is Dave, and live upstate NY along NY/PA border about 30 miles east of border. Was reading other posts and see that does will be awarded 25 points and have to shown in a picture same as bucks. Cool deal. Will be allowed 1 doe and 1 buck. works out good.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Ryan are they still doing stone work along the NY side of Champlain, I was working in Plattsburgh area back in 2002 and they were working on them then.
your buck picture is one I wouldnt pass on either. Specially with an AR in my area of hunting.

I spent the afternoon finetuning broadheads making sure sights were dead-on,waxed bowstring and shoot a few practices arrows(60 shots all togather). Tighten down everything and tomorrow, going to go to property and check stands and lanes, put up ground blind and blend it in and put new batteries and cards in game cameras. The 27th of this month run up above Syracuse and put in 3 days of hunting of early NY bow season up there before i start hunting around here. still have a couple left over tags to fill from pass year. Kind of cool actually, NY license year runs from Oct 1 to Sept 30, However the state is divide into a northern zone and a southern zone. The northern zone season opens up last 3 days of sept. ANY left over unfilled season tags can be filled in these 3 days. That includes any rifle,muzzleloader and archery tags. so going to be hunting hard those 3 days.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jdb_77
My name is J.D. And I am an aircraft electrician in Oklahoma City.

That's an awesome job, I'm a electrican on tug and tow boats
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nys-buckstalker
Hey Ryan are they still doing stone work along the NY side of Champlain, I was working in Plattsburgh area back in 2002 and they were working on them then.
your buck picture is one I wouldnt pass on either. Specially with an AR in my area of hunting.

I spent the afternoon finetuning broadheads making sure sights were dead-on,waxed bowstring and shoot a few practices arrows(60 shots all togather). Tighten down everything and tomorrow, going to go to property and check stands and lanes, put up ground blind and blend it in and put new batteries and cards in game cameras. The 27th of this month run up above Syracuse and put in 3 days of hunting of early NY bow season up there before i start hunting around here. still have a couple left over tags to fill from pass year. Kind of cool actually, NY license year runs from Oct 1 to Sept 30, However the state is divide into a northern zone and a southern zone. The northern zone season opens up last 3 days of sept. ANY left over unfilled season tags can be filled in these 3 days. That includes any rifle,muzzleloader and archery tags. so going to be hunting hard those 3 days.
That's preet cool how that works
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

NYS, that tag situation is convenient. Good luck on those three days. I've got all my stands set, lots of practice time in, all my tags bought. Just waiting on the 29th to get here now. Everything's ready. I did see a buck on my property this past weekend while squirrel hunting. Looked like a decent 8, but he was a long way off so I couldn't tell for sure.
-Jake
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a lot of deer this weekend, but things are definitely different on our property this year. Virtually no acorns to be found and our property is almost all oaks. Saw 14 deer all together and 13 were in the vicinity of 1 tree. Sat night I saw 6 deer headed towards this one spot so I set up there Sun night. Had one doe run right underneath me and another come in right behind soon after and busted me.
Other than that, had a decent 8 pointer in range Sat morning. I'd say he was a 2 1/2 yr old, probably would have scored 100 or so. Nice beams but not much tine length.

Cody - yep we've had quite a few boats in the shop lately for re-powers and overhauls. Trying to get them all ready for harvest (if there is much of one this year).
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wallhangr
Saw a lot of deer this weekend, but things are definitely different on our property this year. Virtually no acorns to be found and our property is almost all oaks. Saw 14 deer all together and 13 were in the vicinity of 1 tree. Sat night I saw 6 deer headed towards this one spot so I set up there Sun night. Had one doe run right underneath me and another come in right behind soon after and busted me.
Other than that, had a decent 8 pointer in range Sat morning. I'd say he was a 2 1/2 yr old, probably would have scored 100 or so. Nice beams but not much tine length.

Cody - yep we've had quite a few boats in the shop lately for re-powers and overhauls. Trying to get them all ready for harvest (if there is much of one this year).
Yep worked on a aep boat last night . A glad u seen a few deer. The weather is cooling off now so huntin should be getting good
Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Idk about the new York side but the construction crew I'm I we specialize in stone retaining walls and we are booked out for the next 2 years because of the flooding last year. I live about 15 mins of plattsburg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.