Community

Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Good job.on the bucks guys! Our gun season started here yesterday and wouldn't u.know it the buck I was looking for ended up getting shot just down the road pretty happy a great guy.got.him and not a trespasser. I'm still thinking of taking my bow out all gun season but we shall see how that goes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Snigglei believe you.get 4 H measurement on each side
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Well, just for fun I've consolidated all of our deer that I'm able to so far. As soon as the others get posted, I'll add them to the mix as well. I'll also put in the score for each one and have a running total. Then I think we should post it in a separate thread so all the other teams can drool.

KSBOHUNTR, your doe picture seems to have disappeared. Can you redo it?

OK, here'sthe link:

www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/huntingnet.html
Old 11-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Sniggle!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

I had an exciting morning hunt. First I had deer snorting at me and running off when I got a 100 yards from my spot (did hear anything for the first part of the 1.5 mile walk in). I got a little down figuring I wouldn’t see much. But about a half hour after shooting time, I had a small broken rack buck circle me and move off in the same direction as a nice buck did on Wednesday, a buck that I did not get a good look at but thought to be very nice. A while later a six point came from behind my tree on my left. A direction I seldom see deer from. It was hanging out about 75 yards from me for 10 minutes, so I figures I bleat at just to see what it would do. I could see the whole deer but it seemed to get alert but froze in its tracks. A minute later I see another deer coming the same way the six did. I immediately knew it was a better buck, but didn’t get a good look at it. It was behind some brush about 80 yards away. I saw it take about a 10 foot charge in the direction of the six point and heard the little guy take off. A couple minutes later the buck steps out in the open and wow he is very high with incredible mass. He is moving in the direction the other two bucks went (away from me) so I figured I would wait to call and see wait he did. I am not real excited yet because I figure he is going to leave. Then he makes a turn and starts coming my way. Needless to say I start getting excited. He is angling tward me and coul go behind my tree or right in front of me. So when he gets to thirty yards I don’t draw yet incase he goes behind. He then turns left to give me a broadside view angling to within 25 yards. His path is taking him behind a blow down, when he comes out he will be 20 yards in the clear. I draw back and when he is behind the blow down he does not react to the movement, so now I am all but certain I am going to get a shot. As he clears the blow down he makes a hard right and comes straight at me. Now my brain is going a mile a minute. I am debating a spine shot as he steadily walks in, but I am praying for him to turn. He doesn’t turn so I decided to take the spine shot at the last minute and wait for him to get close to get a good downward angle, and realize I waited too long and my bow is about to hit my stand, because he is going to go right under it. So I decide to let him go under and try to get a shot on the other side. As soon as he gets under the stand he catches my sent from climbing and takes a short burst out to 40 yards behind some trees stands there a minute and walks off no shot. I went from ultra-excited to shocked and disappointed in an instant. I could have literally spit on him, but did not get a shot off. I am pretty sure it is the same buck from Wednesday the only other day this year I hunted the stand. I most likely only have Monday and Tuesday to hunt before our firearms season starts next Saturday (no Sunday hunting in MD). I normally wouldn’t rush back, but I think I am going to hunt him both days if I can get off work. He is on public property that doesn’t get much archery pressure, but gets flooded during gun season. If he makes through the first morning he’ll go nocturnal after that. Sorry for the book, but can’t this deer off my mind. I would be shocked if he isn’t 140+ I think he may hit 150. Not what you usually see on public land around here.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Im not sure what has happened. Photobucket is jacked up and not showing any of my photos at the moment. i'm trying to fix it.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Spike

Angry my lil buck

Right ----- Left

MB 10 4/8 ----- 11
G1 2 4/8 ----- 2
G2 3 4/8----- 4 2/8

H1 4 4/8----- 4 2/8
H2 4 2/8 ----- 3 5/8
H3 3 4/8----- 3
H4 3 ----- 2 3/8

Inside spread 9 1/8

Total: 71 3/8
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Spike

forgot the pic on the other one
Attached Thumbnails Intentional Grounding team 14-100_0074b.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent, Sanders...twice as big as mine was...something to shoot for next year:-)
Old 11-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Photobucket is still messed up on my end. Not a single picture comes up. It says welcome Derek but that is it, not a single other thing will show. I don't know of any other way to post pictures on here except through PB. If someone wouldn't mind sharing there email with me on here or private, I could email the doe picture and someone post it for me. Anyone else use PB and are you having trouble with it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.