Community

Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

I got me a buck. I posted score on score page. I have to leave but will get story up tonight. 103 1/8
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats can't wait to hear it!!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Woohoo, KSBOHUNTR - WTG! Our team is smokin'!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

My season is over. 103 1/8
Shot a doe and a buck in 5 day span. First for me.

So here goes my story.
I took the day off Wed. got to my ladder stand that morning in the NE corner of the timber. South of Timber is bean field and to the East and SE is hay right now. I seen 8 deer that morning but only 2 came by close enough to shoot but were 6 pts. My morning hunt ended around 11:30 and I went home for a bit. I left the house at 2:00 and headed back out with my climber. I decided to go to the SW corner this time and have not hunted there since 08 when i shot my 120" buck. It was a little warm after carrying all the gear and 2 cameras. I wanted to see what was coming around. I finally pick out a tree and start climbing and cutting every step up I take. After putting up cameras and cutting 50 limbs or so I'm sweating pretty good. Once I settle in I'm thinking, oh no I don't like this spot. I'm in an elbow of how the creek runs and why in the world would a deer come into this elbow with a 5 foot drop off on the creek edge. Oh well, I tell myself. I didn't like the setup when i took that doe a few days ago but it all went well. Wind is blowing out of the South and i'm just hoping to learn something from this sit, see where the deer are moving hopefully. Well after a few grunts it didn't take long and this 8 pt is working the field edge and drops off into the woods heading straight for me. He gets behind a tree at about 15 yds and I'm finally able to get pulled back and he then turns walking broad side. I get a quartering away 15 yd shot on him and he bolts like there is no tomorrow...and there wasn't. I shot him at 3:40 p.m. and took off on a 150 yd sprint. I get down a little later and take up some blood for about 150 yds and the it start to get thick. I can’t see him so I go ahead and back out and will come back with some help after he sits a bit. A buddy and my boy head at after dark to look a little more and we didn’t make it but 30 more yds before deciding to wait till morning since it’s cold out. Got out this morning a little after 8:00 and found blood right away and we went another 50 yds before finally just walking up on him. I was 10 feet away before I saw him. This junk was knee to waist high and I feared the worst but told myself I will look all day. I had to burn my last vacation day to find him but sure glad I did. I have it all on film also from by bow cam but it wasn’t loading right so for now it’s not available but as soon as I can get it to load, I will post it for anyone that wants to watch it. I'm not sure why I can't get the picture to be larger so here is what I got.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats. ksbohuter! Glad you got him before you ran out of vacation time. I know the feeling of thinking you may loose one, glad you found him. I'll probably get out 2 or 3 more times before firearms season starts. Did see a nice buck the other day out of range. Going back after him on Sat.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Spike

i shot me a small buck last night i gotta get the pic and my score it made me mad cuz i thought it was a buck wit no brough tings and come to find out they was just small and thats not what i wanted to shoot but its a few more points for the team
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats KSBohuntr! Way to stick with the trail. I hate those hard trails you have a sinking feeling about. It's great when it turns out better than you feared.

Congrats Sanders3469! Ground shrinkage happens. It would be nice if every buck gave us lots of time to assess their rack from every angle but sometimes you've got to go with just an impression and get the shot while you can or miss the opportunity. But each buck is still a blessing and we learn from every encounter and another under your belt just builds the confidence more for the next opportunity.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I have hunted hard, but the opportunities were few. So, filled with blood lust, I put a small buck on the ground this morning. He is not what I wanted, but he taunted me by making a scrape at 30 yards behind a tree, and when he stepped into the shooting lane I could not stop myself from releasing an arrow.

I will post the picture and score later, although he will not score much more than a doe.

I attached the pic...will see if I have a big enough tape measure to score later:-) He will taste good....
Attached Thumbnails Intentional Grounding team 14-small-buck.jpg  

Last edited by Sniggle; 11-16-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

You guys are awesome! It will be cool to see our enormous score once all these bucks are entered. (disclaimer - getting tasty meat is by far the most important aspect and this is just my competitive nature getting in the way )

sanders3469, way to go. Give us the full exciting story.

sniggle, good on you, too. I have no doubt that he will taste great.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations sanders and Sniggle! Any buck is an accomplishment. You guys are getting me fired up to get out tomorrow. The team is really starting to get it done. Starting to feel a little anxiety with firearms season coming and having passed up a shot at a buck that I probably should not have a couple of weeks ago. I just need to relax and go enjoy these last couple of sits and if it happens it happens. Good luck to everyone still hitting the woods. Best time of the year by far (well my wife might not feel that way).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.