Community

Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Pictures are on my friends camera so I will get it posted tomorrow or Monday.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Here she is. I got posted on Score Board. Temp Drops to High of 40 tomorrow. Going after the buck now.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the doe. I had one coming at me at 1145am on Saturday, down wind. I saw her at 200 yards, didn't even stand up cause I knew I was busted. About 15 minutes earlier I took a piss off the climber up 20 feet.

As the doe came in the wind was swirling SE to SW. As the wind changed so did the doe, always keeping her head into the wind. Pretty cool to watch as I've seen it before but not to the extent on Saturday. The doe came in to 60 yards an started to throw the nose in the air. Wind changed from SW to SE and she move with it. With a SE wind out 60 yards, she was in the scent stream and sure enough, she turned, snorted and off she went.

Climbed down and moved 400 yards to another location for the evening hunt. Gave a hall pass to at spike right at sunset.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

+1 on the congrats. Have not seen any better bucks then the couple I passed up already (one in the headlights may have been), so I am going to be a little less selective starting tomorrow. I think I had my standards a little high for the area I am hunting. I am sure there are a few better bucks there, but being public property my odds of getting one at this point are diminishing. Not sorry I passed anything, but there are two that I passed that if I get another opportunity it won't happen again at this point. Not shooting anything less though. It just fun being out this time of year. You never know what you may see. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations on the doe, KSBOHUNTR. Now good luck on the buck. Same to the rest of you guys.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Spike

My name is Harry and I will be hunting in Maryland primarily on the Delmarva Peninsula.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the doe! Can say I've been seeing much but its also hard to see any from work! Tonight is the 1st nite I've even been able to think about hunting in quite awhile this wind is blowing but I'm in a tree i haven't hunted all year so expectations are high I really wanted the 1st sit to be an am hunt but the way work is goin I had to get out when I could
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Well I must say I love it when a plan comes together and it looks like I know what I'm doin!!

130" 9 point
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Yeehaw! Great buck there, Mibowhunter91. Looks like he bled out pretty good. Isn't it amazing how things can turn around so quickly, from being frustrated at not getting out to having a buck like this come in when you finally do get a chance to go.

P.S. I see you have him in the scoring thread already - good! But I think you need the detailed P&Y score sheet. filled out.

Last edited by Canuck_2; 11-12-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Fork Horn

Isn't that the truth!! Well here's the story I got in the stand at about 3 and heard a crash when I got up. I thought I jumped 1 but it didn't sound like it ran away. The wind was blowing pretty good and it was about 34 out with out the wind chill it made my eyes water! Then at 5:30 the wind just stopped! Shortly after that I hear a stick break and here he comes just like he read the script. I draw back he walks into a shooting lane I try a soft grunt to stop him no luck. Next lane I give off a loud grunt a no dice. A small window comes up and I whistle this deer is on a mission and I start thinking about aabout a 7 moving shot then he crosses a tree and stops staring upwind and I let him have it!. About a 70 yard track job and we found him in the swamp! If I have to fill out the sheet I will after work I was getting late when we strung the guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.