Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Nice going SlowDraw. Good to see some success happening.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone. Lost power for a day, but no real damage from Sandy at the house. Haven't been back out. I am going to go out for a short sit in the morning. The bucks should be starting to move.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Hope every one especially the guys on the east side made it through the storm. Had the past two days off due to rain yesterday was the only safe day to be in the woods. Saw 2 nice bucks chasing does in the morning one was definitely a shooter. I pulled some cards from behind the house and there he was about a 150 class 10 point chasing a doe at 2 am. The wind was blowing around 40 MPH then!! Good luck guys its really heating.up here but of course I get to be at.work all weekend again
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Black Powder starts tomorrow so that's going to put a stop on my bowhunting for a bit.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Out all weekend, still have not seen 1 doe, lots of spike and basket six but no doe and no shooters. Was a great evening hunt today as I had 6 turkeys come within 40 yards of me. It was snowing pretty hard and when I drew back I noticed my peep was froze over. I let down and the lead bird picked me off. No early thanksgiving for the family tonight but it was great being out in the snow.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 11-04-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw 25 -30 turkey but the shot was long and not the best so waited hoping for them to feed closer but it never happened. Saw a 3 point within range and 2 does way far off in my field. Was a nice day except for the morning wind made it a bit chilly. Have Wed-Sat. off to do some serious BP hunting but will take my bow as well just in case a chip shot offers itself.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Passed on a 2.5 year old 8 this morning that was chasing a doe. He was a little bigger than the two I passed in October. I didn’t think he was that big on the way in and then when he was in range, 18 yards, he looked a little better but not good enough this early in the rut. Might have been a mistake being that I am hunting public property, but I’ll take my chances. Was planning to take most if not all of the week off, but we have a nor’easter rolling in for the middle of the week. Hopefully we get some decent weather next week.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Well I got my first boot of my hunting career. I just started hunting this place last year and it was a tree line about 60 yds wide with a creek running the entire length. It connected one area of thick timber to another that was not a part of this property but neighbors. Every morning there are does that pass through and of course that means bucks to follow. Last year i got a nice picture of an old 10 pt but never seen him again. It was 9 a.m. on a week day, dang it. Sunday evening was the first time i have gone to this land this year and as i drove away, right across the street was a big buck standing just off the road and then last night i get the word. One of her calves was shot not long ago and she doesn't want anyone out there anymore. It's understandable but what a bummer. It just takes on idiot to ruin it for the rest. This area of trees isn't big and no one else was on it, so probably someone just shooting from the road. Thank goodness i grabbed another new location last year and I'm still trying to figure that place out.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone been getting out lately? I have been out a few times this week. Have seen a few more young bucks, but no real big ones yet. going to give it a go tomorow morning. the trigger finger is getting itchy, next thing pushing a 100 inches may be in trouble. Good luck to anyone getting out this weekend.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Hey everyone. I got me a doe tonight 11-10-12. A buddy and me went to one of my newest locations and walked forever before finally settling in. I let him have the best spot we could find and i went on a little further and said heck with it, time to climb. Winds over 25mph with warnings up to 50 mph gusts. We didn't see anything until this doe with 5 min. left and she got through my only shooting lane and i had to put the shot perfect into a little gap and boy did i ever. She went 30 yds after the 3 blade Trophy Ridge MeetSeekers smoked her. She was 15 yds up wind of me and it all worked out after sweating for a couple hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.