Community

Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 10-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

I've really been thinking of buying a decent camera just to film some hunts and wat not that was from my.phone I was surprised it turned out maybe since they were so close. Up here my deer hunt stops if a coyote comes by. When I used to trap a lot.more we got 24 in one season most came.from.just.2 properties the rabbits really came back after that year to. Glad to hear.someone saw deer I ended up working dark to dark Saturday then Sunday I was in the tree for 8 hours saw 0 deer. Those 2 stands aren't going to be hunted again until November I have a good feeling bout.both of them. Wow I can't type on this phone darn these little keys!!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had 5 deer bust me yesterday as I went in at first light. One was in the field and caught my scent when the wind switched for the first 20 minutes after light. Another saw me skylined as I entered the woods. The last three were coming up the trail I was on from behind me and spotted me. At least one was a confirmed buck. Usually the deer are in my woods before dawn and the only way to not bump them is wait for first light before entering and stalk to your stand. Didn't work out this weekend. I may get in early next time if they're lingering in the fields like this Saturday. In the afternoon I was a minute late from getting a chance at 20+ turkey that crossed my path 40 yards in front of me. Tried to use a lost call to get them back. Got impatient and tried to swing around them but they were coming back to me and I intersected them in a bad spot and was seen. Didn't see anything the rest of the day.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

The wind here was being really screwy to it would blow like forecasted then the next min it would swirl around. The season is still young
Old 10-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

I bought some Scent-Lok Vertigo Camo last year and love it. I always shower with scentfree in the morning and then got my gear in a scent-tote as well. Last year it was tested well. In one morning sitting in a tripod on field edge and about 6 feet off the ground i had 7 deer walk right by. 3 all at different times, one a nice 8 pt, walked within 2 yds of me. They all seen me as I about rode them out of there and only backed off to about 10 yds never disturbed. That Vertigo Camo is amazing. Since that first morning last year not once have i been worried about wind or being seen. I have an action camera that hooks onto my stabilizer using the handle bar mount...I have that 8 pt on camera as proof. It's not the best camera but it will be cool to have it running when I shoot a deer. I'll try to figure out how to post it on my photo bucket account tonight.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

That would be kool to have it on when you shoot! My scent lok has a few tough seasons on it now its gonna get.replaced next year and I might just buy the exact same jacket and bibs. I'm not sure but with the scent lok dead down wind the deer heard in a stick a lot of deer have came from down wind smelled something not right but as long as they don't see me will keep goin. I'm not saying this will work on a mature buck that's y I still worry.about the wind is hate to chance it and never see that deer again
Old 10-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/e...iPod-Dec10.mp4

I forgot I had this saved and with me. I have 2 more videos from this same day but it takes a while for them to download so I'll post this one. Again, I can grab the feet area from the ground and seat is maybe 8 feet off of ground. Another video i grunt over a small buck and that is pretty cool but this buck gets close. You'll notice my rage broadhead at the top of the screen over hanging the camera just a bit.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

That is just to cool!! Nice buck too
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I sure would have liked to shoot that deer last year after only getting a doe in late Dec. My wifes cousin owns this property and I bow hunt it and he rifle hunts it. We agreed that no small bucks get taken and let them grow. That was a nice 8 but not much mass for a KS buck. I later find out that her cousin and wife both kill two small bucks in Rifle season. I was like what the heck. I pass on that and you all both kill to runts. I can't say much, it's his property and I'm lucky to be on it but you could imagine what i was thinking after letting this easy one walk. Thankfully I found 2 new pieces of land to hunt last year also and I can shoot anything of my liking.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Good for you I know the feeling!! So I just got a phone call from.my dad they this jack #$# is hunting.g.my.property again he's the one who stole stands.from.me before he says he's on the neighbors but the guy.only.owns half.an acer and I'm stuck at work my dad is going out yo find the guy and press charges if he is on our property on the neighbors
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

I went out this morning and saw three bucks, one little 3 point, a small eight and an almost big enough not to get a pass 7. His right side was pretty decent but the left (3point side) had a shorter main beam and wasn’t quite as heavy. I am only hunting public property this year, but a couple of the properties, including the one I was on, hold some 120 + deer every year (I would be surprised if the one I passed made 100). And usually between me and a couple of friends we see one or two that would go over 140 (usually in the rut). Of course seeing them and getting a shot with a bow are two different things. The properties are very different, but both have a lot of really thick stuff that allows a few bucks to get up there in years. We are allowed a second buck if we take two does, but both of these bucks could be nice in a year or two, and without a doe down I don’t feel like scrambling to get two before the rut gets here. Hopefully I don’t regret letting him walk latter. I wasn’t real excited when he was in range, so I figured passing was the right call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.