Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck!! We have had pretty.cool weather so far this month I really hope it continues all fall!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Any other votes for a name?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Spike

i take it no one else want to vote so im guessin its settled
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

I had a good opportunity to collect my doe points this morning. Jumped a real small lone doe in the dark about 30 yards from the tree I was going to climb, and didn’t see anything as of 9:00am, so I figured spooking the doe had done me in. I was just getting ready to climb down when I spotted a couple of deer moving through the woods. Well it turned out to be 2 adult does and a young of the year doe. The one came right in and the mom and young one were following behind. I noticed the lead doe had a chunk of fur hanging under her chin. As she cleared some brush I realized it was some kind of hair covered growth. Then noticed she had some other dark tumors in various locations, two baseball sized ones on her front leg and chest and a few quarter sized ones. She was feeding normally and looked otherwise healthy. The other two deer looked normal, so I decided to wait for the other large doe too get in range. I just didn’t think she looked to appetizing. Of course the tumor doe walks right out and starts munching acorns 16 to 18 yards away (broadside then quartering away) for over 5 minutes. The little on presented a 22 yard shoot and old mom stayed at least 25 yards away either behind something or on a bad angle. They feed right around me for over half an hour meandering around, but never getting that close again. Would you guys have just taken the tumor doe (or waddle as I started to think of her, since that is what the flapping skin covered growth looked like)? She was most likely fine to eat, but I would of always had the image of the tumors in the back of my mind.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I might have been with you there I am.sure she was probable fine to.eat as well but you never know. Now if she looked in pain or something like that it would be different. I tired talking my way out of work today but that didn't happen so here I sit watching an asphalt plant go round and round.

On a different note no one else voted so team 14 is now team intentional grounding
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

If I copy the pictures in correctly. I will say that I know what you mean.
I'm not sure if I would shoot the thing or not. I would not shoot this buck but in your case the doe, I just don't know what I would do.
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/MDGC0131.jpg
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/MDGC0132.jpg
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting have any idea what they are or what they are from?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Does anyone on our team have any talent for making us a logo. I don't have any idea how to start making something like that. A deer on the ground makes sense of course. I can find a picture and add our team name over it but that is about it I think. I can't not actually design and draw something.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

No idea Matt. I have never seen anything like this before.

You mentioned watching asphalt go round and round. You mind me asking what company that is with?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I was wondering that to since like you said a picture and letters is about the extent of.my graphic design abilities

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.