Community

Intentional Grounding team 14

Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Seems like most everyone's season is winding down in a big hurry. There's just 2 days left of the late archery season here and that's it. I won't be going out again so now it's time to look forward to next year. But I've still got my fingers crossed for any of you who still have hunting time left.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

It's been a little while but I told you all that I would share the pictures of the skull i found so here it is.
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...psf8d8f59f.jpg
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps62979a5b.jpg
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

I live and hunt less than 5 miles from where this buck was taken. If i recall correctly he shot it in first or 2nd week of our season which would be late Sept or early Oct.
I just thought I would share this.

BAXTER SPRINGS — Jay Price knew he had spotted a big buck — he just didn’t know quite how big until it was laying at his feet.
Price and a friend had been videoing the buck for several days when they spotted it on Ronnie Clark’s land, where he had permission to hunt.
The enormous white tail dressed out around 200 to 210 pounds and scored 246 points gross, or about 222 net points on the Boone and Crockett scoring system.

Boone and Crockett maintains records for big game hunting nationwide.
Price said a 150-160 point score is a large white tail, so this buck is huge.
No records have been certified on the deer yet — that will take about 60 days, so sometime in January — but he said it should be one of the top four or five white tail taken in Kansas and could be a state record, and will likely be one of the top 15 in the world.
Depsite rumors to the contrary, he hasn’t gotten offers for the rack from Cabella’s or Bass Pro.
“There’s actually been people trying to buy him, but not them yet,” Price said. “(I’ve) had people who were horn collectors offer pretty good change.”
He added he’s not really planning to sell, however. “It’d have to be a bunch.”
The funny part, Price said, is the buck was online before he even had it out of the woods.
“By the time we got him out there were over 15 people sitting there to take pictures,” Price said.
Price owns Price Auto Body in Baxter Springs.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps8c6e52a6.jpg
Old 12-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Merry Christmas guys
Old 12-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Mibowhunter91. And a happy new year to you.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sanders3469
forgot the pic on the other one
First of all. Congratulations on the buck! any buck or deer killed with a bow and arrow is a trophy. However, you may want to check those H measurements again. I cant see how this buck could come close to 4-1/2" bases. I dont see how they could even be 3 inches, but maybe its just the picture. Just something you may want to get someone to double check. I do not say any of this with a sour attitude, just inquizitive.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I just wanted to say it now before people start heading out and the contest ends because if you are like me you won't be back until next season.

Thanks for being apart of this team, I really enjoyed chatting with you all and hearing what's going on in your neck of the woods. We really did have a pretty solid team and just a few more deer we would be near the top of the board. I have gone a couple of seasons without pulling the bow back so I know what it's like not to put one down. That's about all I had to say...Enjoyed it, Great job.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah its been a lot of.fun and honestly this contest kept me in the woods more. Nice.meeting u guys stay in touch if any1 is round sw Michigan get ahold of me
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

You're right guys - it has been a slice and we actually did fairly well. Nice to have mingled with you guys and maybe some of us will draw the same team again next year. All the best to my teammates for the coming year.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys any one been out shed hunting yet this year? Just checking in