Community

Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went horseback riding with my wife Sunday afternoon. We were about a mile from the house when she said her saddle was loose, so I dismounted and tightened the girth on her saddle. When I was re-mounting something spooked my horse and she jumped forward as I was almost on and I ended up landing behind the saddle sitting on her hindquarters and I had no control. She freaked, reared up and then bucked me about 4 feet (according to my wife) above her butt which is about 5 feet, so I got 9 feet of air and slammed onto the ground on my right side.

It knocked the wind out of me plus I knew I was hurt.... I just didn't know how bad it was. I finally got my lungs filled with air and walked over to my horse, got on and started the long, painful ride home. We went to the emergency room where they did blood work, urine testing, x-rays and an ultrasound of my abdomen to make sure nothing had ruptured. Even though I was in severe pain that shone brightly through a double dose of morphine, they said that I had no broken ribs and the labs all came back okay.

Well, yesterday afternoon I coughed. Guys, I can take a lot of pain, but it felt like I'd been stabbed. I saw white and dropped to my knees. I went to MY doctor this afternoon. They took more x-rays and got the records from the ER. My doctor diagnosed two broken ribs (broken about an inch or so from the spine) and he also stunned me when he said that the ER reports said I had blood in my urine. They took another urine sample and said that it was clear this time, but we needed to keep an eye on that. I guess that I should thank my lucky stars that we were in a field that had been tilled recently instead of on hard ground, gravel or pavement. It could have been a LOT worse.

I know that I can't draw my bow. Heck, I can't even cast a bass rod. What the heck am I going to do for the next 6 to 8 weeks? I can't hunt, fish or do any real work around the house.

Now I'm really glad I took those three deer in Ohio. You know, I'm really starting to think that I need to steer clear of horses during bow season.

Well, it should be a little fun anyway. They put me on what they call a "pain management regimen". LORTAB 10-500 every six hours for two weeks along with muscle relaxers.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Angry

Jeff
Thanks for the concern bud,oh I will be resting and then strengthening it and the rest of the bod, LOL.
Rocky
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

My god we are falling apart! New rule unless you are out hunting you don't leave your recliner in the living room! LOL!!!!!

Well LittleChief I have been bucked off a couple horses and it is not fun. My wife was bucked off a draft horse once and she bruised so bad it looked like a boxer went 10 rounds on her side. I hope you enjoy your pain meds and relaxers!

How is everybody else doing either hunting or just in general?
Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Unhappy

LittleChief
Been there and done that too,thank God your alright . People can get hurt pretty bad faliing of a horse. I remember when I was 13 and I was riding bareback and we were traveling through the bush. We started to race and I was laying low on the back of the horse with only shorts on and man I was moving. Came to an opening in the bush and as I looked up all I could see was a slew and that's where I ended up as the horse threw on the binders as I slid forward and into the scummy water. Good your only hurtin bud,that means you'll only get better. Good you put your game down already,so it's not a total loss as It is for me. God Bless and may you recover fast.
Rocky
Old 12-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. This past week has been tough. I had a problem with the meds making me sick so I stopped taking them the day before yesterday until I could get back to the doctor. There was a six or seven hour window where I had no pain relief at all and it gave me a good idea of just how messed up I am. It hurt constantly, and I think that besides the two broken ribs every rib on my right side is bruised. It hurt to even touch the front of the right side of my ribcage.

It's hard to say whether I was lucky or unlucky. I think I'll go with lucky because it could have been a lot worse. I'm back on my meds now and doing much better, but I still can't cough or even blow my nose. It's just going to take some time.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys just an update we are in 5th place right now. We trail team 7 by about 220 points.

Several members of our team have been MIA for quite some time now and we really need some points. So for any of you who are still able to hunt please get out there and keep hunting hard! We need deer on the ground. Even if its a doe please post it because those points will add up. and if Snapper puts a big one on the ground we are in first so keep on keepin on fellas!

This is the time of year when the contest slows to a crawl and if a team can get a few deer on the ground they can do some damage.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

hey guys reunited with my youngests mom(lol) so I have been spending a lot of time with my boy which I had not gotten to see very much. but I have seen the big 9 every time I have watched in the evening so it really is just a matter of time before I whack him. hang with me guys.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

I am still around, just have not gotten away to go hunting. I will still knock down a doe this year, just not sure when. I still have another month of season to go.

-john
Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Merry Christmas guys. I hope you are able to spend some time with your loved ones But not to much time because you need to get your ass's out to the woods! lol!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Banned

well i am out and i am getting rained on because some jack wagon stole my blind so instead of backing out i walked 20 yds and set down in my alternative spot that i had already set up incase someone did steal the blind. come on big 9 but if a doe gets close she is dead.

merry christmas guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.