Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Banned

hey guys i am still out in illinois it is fun but i am ready to go home. tomorrow opens gun season but i am going to miss it heck might miss the whole week. guy i am filming decided to not go home til he tags one or til next sunday which ever happens first. and to top it off i heard of a big deer hit by a car right where the big 9 has been so he may be dead i am so frusturated
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Hey Tex
Give your daughter a great big pat on the back ,great buck huh! Her grin tells all.
Snapper
Suck it up and get back in the game ,it happens every day,specialy in my neibourhood when you can use a crossbow or shotgun during bow season., I've got 4 sits left, am I going to get it done, I'm not sure if I'll be able to draw again when the time comes, if it comes. That's bowhunting and that's what makes me tick, the adrenilin rush of a buck aproaching and the suspense of getting a shot opertunity. Good luck guys, knock one down for the team!
Rocky
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Spike

Ron here checking in. i will be hunting ohio. i have never done the deer contest but have done the turkey the last 2 yrs.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Donald
A little to late guy, I think you were replaced or your not on the team, I don't see your name on our team list.
Rocky
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Snapper don't drink the water down there. Before you know it you will be a "local" haha!!!!!

Tex she sure bagged a real nice buck. thats great!

And Rocky those people are spammers they aren't really checking in.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. I am sure proud of her.

-john
Old 11-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Banned

tx congrats to your daughter.

henson i felt like a local as long as i was there just got home yesterday. we killed a nice buck the outfitter said was 4.5 (looks 3.5 to me) but only had one browl tine about an inch and nothing on the other side so he really wanted it taken out and when it came out of the thicket and my hunter said shooter i was on him.(ready to come home!)heading out to hunt a little this evening.

i swung past the farm with the big 9 and apparently someone did not like me hunting there my blind and chair was laying in the feild and not because of the wind. lol. so i drove back and picked them up. and the moron did not see my cam (about 8 foot high on a limb) so i got 6 pics of the guy that did it. unfortunatly he had on a face mask so i have no idea who it is.

i also got word that a group did a push on the other side of the road and hit a monster buck. watched it cross the road and lay down in the thicket by my blind. one guy slipped in and jumped it. it ran 50 yards and layed down again. they backed out. waited a few hours and went back and the deer was gone. and i have no details about what this buck or the one hit by the car look like so i have no idea if he is dead or not.

on a side note i told my buddy about the guy on cam and sent him the pics. pics were taken at about the same time as the deer that was shot up and disappeared so there is speculation that the guy took the deer.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by snapper1982
tx congrats to your daughter.

henson i felt like a local as long as i was there just got home yesterday. we killed a nice buck the outfitter said was 4.5 (looks 3.5 to me) but only had one browl tine about an inch and nothing on the other side so he really wanted it taken out and when it came out of the thicket and my hunter said shooter i was on him.(ready to come home!)heading out to hunt a little this evening.

on a side note i told my buddy about the guy on cam and sent him the pics. pics were taken at about the same time as the deer that was shot up and disappeared so there is speculation that the guy took the deer.
Yeah you were probably one step away from taking the tires off your truck and putting it up on blocks. Its a good thing your hunter shot something.

My dad just called me and he is heading home from is hunt in Wayne county. He said he woke up at 3am to the sound of a bunch of 4 wheelers running the area. I just don't understand why people are so stupid. oh well at least I finally was able to put together a great season with 5 deer. I am still going to get out with my bow because the big buck I had been seeing in august and sept. is still out there and we really need to meet!

Good luck guys and don't forget to get a picture of you the deer and your bow!!!!!! We are still in a position to win this so keep hunting hard!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Full Day Sit
Made it throught the day in -22 weather with a windchill of -30 . Didn't see a thing till 2:30 had a good 140 buck walk in behind me at 18 yards. By the time I turned to see him he was already in my shooting lane. As I put my bow up to draw, he walked off. Then nothing till last light, at 4:40 out they came in single file, 7 does, 3 mature and to sets of fawns. Was feeling warm right about then cause I knew a buck would be walking out any second.
I stood to lower my heater body suit and grab the bow ,the 1st doe up came eye to eye with me and she just glared. Nose up and decided to turn away and walk away from me. The other 5 followed suit, I knew I counted 7 but I could be wrong. Anyways no buck showed and I started rolling up my Heater Body Suit and then I heard a stomp. I lifted my head ,only to see the white flag of the 7th doe.Great day and it was awseome to be back out hunting.
Woke up this morning to my shoulder hurting real bad, I forgot my pills last night so I'll head out this afternoon after they take affect. Good luck guys. Just hope if the shot oppertunity presents it self that I'll be able to draw my bow.
Rocky
Rocky
Old 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned

well good news is the big 9 is alive

bad news is tomorrow is his last day to live. un fortunatly guys i will be using a gun.

i decided to not hunt this evening but instead to sit in the truck and watch a wide area to figure out the deer movement or lack there of. well it seems all the deer have been pushed to the one block of thicket where the 9 lives and wouldnt you know it after 30 some deer came out including several bucks with one a very nice 8 point 140 buck he came out and joined them. i was so excited to see him.he walked out of the woods in the same usual spot so tomorrow evening i plan to check mate him for good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.