Team #10 - Chasin' Tail Check-in

Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

I am not doing this skull myself. Normally we bury ours in the ground for 3 months and then simmer them it usually turns out pretty good. But I am gonna have the guy who is doing the water transfer printing do the skull his way so he gets the results he wants. I love the arrow head by the way. thats an awesome display.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. I am up at my farm and doing this on my phone. Wanted to let you guys know I took a 9 point this morning. Should be round 125. I will get picturpictures and measurments mknday
Old 11-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Spike

Here is the #1 guy on my list here at home in central IL. I call him Sticker.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Alltlk4
Hey guys. I am up at my farm and doing this on my phone. Wanted to let you guys know I took a 9 point this morning. Should be round 125. I will get picturpictures and measurments mknday
Great deal man. This team is really coming together.

Congrats.

-john
Old 11-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

That should also give us the lead.

-john
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Alltlk4
Great job! We are starting to put them down! keep it going guys. lets have a strong weekend!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys...haven't visited the board for awhile, but I see there's been some scoring going on! Congrats to all! My last day on the refuge was eventful. I had a 10pt quartering away at 25 yds, took my shot...look good, sounded better! Could see my arrow sticking out of the ground at an odd angle. Got down and saw it barely had blood, but had alot of tissue on it. Went to the last spot I saw him and had good blood. Trailed (mostly on my hands and knees (unbelievably thick!)) for approx 3 hours and lost blood and battery power. My son went out the next morning and couldn't pick up the trail. Really sucks, great deer. After analyzing the shot, I think it may have been quartering more than I thought and I knicked the forward part of the the shoulder.

BUT

The camper is packed and I'm leaving tonight for a week on the farm! Good luck all!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck at your farm and sorry to hear about the lost buck. If the arrow went between the shoulder and the ribs he might still be a live

-john
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Word is team 7 has a good buck on the ground. lets keep the pressure on them! I just know Snapper is gonna be posting some pictures of a big ass 9 pointer here any day!!! good luck this weekend guys.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I didn't even get a good look at a big buck in Ohio, but I was determined not to come home empty handed. I managed to take a 93" buck and two does while I was there. I really thought he would go 110 or better when I saw him, but that may have been because I had seen so many small bucks. I've never seen anything like it. The small bucks were everywhere. Honestly, I saw 10 bucks for every doe that I saw. I'm kicking myself for passing on a 120-ish seven point on Monday. If I had known it was going to be the biggest buck I saw I would have shot him. Oh well, I had a great time.

I posted the kills on the score thread. I hope it helps the team!

Last edited by LittleChief; 11-12-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.